24-Soon

(y/n)'s POV
I opened my eyes to the sound of consistent light tapping. I sat up slowly and looked to my right to see Anakin sleeping peacefully. We slept on a bed in the ship instead of inside of the house. He was complaining about the sand and I've already heard enough of that from him throughout the years.

I heard the tapping again and I pushed on Anakin to wake him up, "Babe I think I hear something." I whispered when he groggily opened his eyes. I waited as he laid there and listened for a moment before closing his eyes again.

"Don't worry Princess, it's probably just a small sand storm. Lay back down with me." He reached his arms over and pulled me down so I could lay on his chest.

I was about to snuggle close when I had the urge to pee, "I need to use the bathroom, I'll be right back." I informed him and he groaned sleepily in response. I pulled away from him and stood up from the bed to walk out of the back room to get to the small bathroom we had. I went in and did my business, and right when I was about to walk back to the room, I heard the tapping again.

It was coming from the front of the ship.

I turned back around and went in that direction. As soon as I stepped in the cockpit, I took a good look around the room and even peered outside the front window. Just as Anakin had said, there was a small sandstorm passing by, causing little pieces of sand to tap along the glass, it was the same tapping I'd been hearing. I sighed with relief, for a moment there I thought I was hearing things again.

Just as I had that thought, a loud bang was hit against the ship, right where the ramp drops down. I looked over curiously and pressed the button for the ramp to lower, my first thought initially was that it was probably Shmi or even Cliegg . But as the ramp lowered, I didn't see anyone there.

Sand was blowing by and I slowly stepped off to get a good look outside. I gazed towards the house where Anakin's family was and everything looked okay so far. I turned back around to go up the ramp to get back to sleep, assuming that maybe the wind blew a rock against the ship.

But that thought was quickly countered when a foot kicked my feet out from under me and I landed on my back roughly. I looked up and before I could have a time to react, a tusken raider brought his spear down into my left collarbone. I screamed in pain and lifted my right hand to force push the raider far away and onto his back in the sand. I gripped the wooden part of the spear and pulled it out as I sat up. He was getting back up and I stood up as well and threw the spear towards him, using the force to guide it into his chest. It pierced through and he dropped to the floor.

"(y/n)!" I heard Anakin rushing down the ramp to my side as I fell down to my knees and gripped my new wound. It wasn't that bad, I've had much worse, but it still hurt like hell, "Are you okay; how bad is it?" He asked in a panicked tone as he moved my hand away to eye the wound. He glanced over at the dead raider and I could see fury in his eyes, but also confusion, "They don't usually come this far over here."

I sighed as I tried to get back up to my feet, "You need to make sure your mom and everyone else is okay." I nodded towards the house. I saw his expression shift to one of worry when he looked over to where his mom is, "Don't worry I'll be fine, go." I reassured him and he nodded reluctantly before going to check on them.

I slowly walked up the ramp and gently dropped down in the cockpit while pulling out the emergency first-aid I kept under one of the pilot seats. I removed the strap of my nightgown and began cleaning the wound. Once I got all of the blood wiped away, I pulled out the needle and thread. I sighed, "This is gonna hurt." I mumbled to myself as I began pushing the needle in, "Son of a bitch." I whispered in pain as the needle finally pierced the skin.