Untitled Part 4

Chapter4

They were the stuff of dreams, ornightmares. That unholy trio was not what she wanted to walk in on,one was bad enough. They all dressed alike, very casually, for noother reason than to piss off the king further. Jeans and tee-shirtswere all she'd ever seen any of them in. It was a stark anddisquieting contrast to the ostentatious and elegant foyer they werestanding in. Marble and polished oak, dripping in crystal and goldfiligree surrounded them.

The entry way they stood in wasdecadent, but cold. There was no clutter, no personal items, andbarely any furniture. It was the least inviting 'home' she'd everwalked into and these three didn't help matters. Each looked likedeath incarnate, though if they were harbingers of death... theremight be worse ways to go.

Jessen had his long blond hair tiedback in a top knot with his twin swords strapped to his back. Hisarms were crossed at his chest, his gray shirt threatening to ripapart if he so much as flexed even slightly, and the disapprovingglance he cast over her with those bright gold eyes rooted her to thespot. Having werewolf look at you like little more than a woundedfawn, a possible meal, was disquieting. She was as much a predatoras he was, but in this moment she'd never felt more like prey.

Altar wasn't any better. He had thesame cocky affect Malfinn did, same pure bred fae features, bronzeskin, sapphire blue eyes, and his dark hair was braided down his backnearly reaching his belt. Altar was a purest though and had notattoos or piercings, it's why his hair was so long, he'd never cutit. Where Jessen preferred blades, getting up close and personal,Altar liked guns, and he had several strapped to him that werevisible, and probably several more that weren't. Fastest drawknown in the city, and what his gifts were was as much amystery as Finn's.

Prince Malfinn Amunson in the middlewas the worst of all. He didn't need weapons, if he wasn't enough ofone on his own, being flanked by the other two was enough of adeterrent. Everything from the unkempt black hair, to the tattoos,to the gold torque at his bicep that denoted his royalty, screamed'just try it'. She'd been an idiot to try and attack him in his ownbed.

Then there was the devastatinglycharming cocky grin, and 'come fuck me' eyes. Gyllian sent a silentprayer to Athena to give her the wisdom to not let her heart orvagina make any decisions today.

Malfinn made a 'come here'gesture with his fingers, and Gyllian realized she had just beenstanding there, staring.

"I've got a job for you."Malfinn sauntered towards her and draped an arm over her shoulders ashe steered her further into the palace. Gods help her, his casualdemeanor, the smug curl of his lip as he leaned into her wasstifling, and terrifying. He towered over her, and the weight of hisarm on her shoulder was almost painful. Jessen leaned in towardsthem, and inhaled deeply, his lip curled in disgust as she passed by.

"A job?" She tried to mask thefear she was feeling. Purebreds could smell that sort of thing...

"You are a soldier yes? Well,soldier in training anyway..." Finn mused casually.

Gyllian just nodded. It wasdistracting, his arm around her, being this close. She wasn't yetconvinced he wasn't going to kill her. Gods he smelled good, andher mouth watered despite herself. Anubis spare me, I just wantanother taste.

"Well then as the commander of theUnseelie Court's armies, that does make me your boss, doesn'tit?"

Gyllian supposed it did, severalbosses removed but still...

"Down in the dungeons you will finda disgruntled demon, probably scorching inappropriate symbols intothe walls. I want you to bring him up here to me." He raked hishand through his hair and the smirk he tossed her was downrightmalicious.