Back to duty.

Morris and Wilkes had tried every jeep and found that only one was still operation able. It was a sand colored jeep that was just like all the rest but the big problem was it was their old Staff sergeant's favorite jeep. The old Staff sergeant used to drive it daily, even when their commander told him not to even go near it unless it was required for missions. When Morris got the jeep moving he looked over to make sure Wilkes was buckled up and all. Wilkes noticed Morris had looked over so Wilkes looked over back at him with a confused look on him. Morris then looked away and said "Just checking if you were buckled up sorry". Wilkes looked forward and then noticed they were outside of the cargo bay and it was all green. Wilkes made a confused growl well looking around. Morris laughed and then said "Don't worry its just a forest. Our old Staff sergeant loved forests because it makes our enemy have a hard time finding us. But it seems it didn't stop you from finding us..." Morris then laughed quietly. They then were quiet until Morris started to hear grumbling sounds coming from Wilkes side of the jeep. Morris then heard grumbling from his side and realized they had been driving for 3 hours then and hadn't stopped to eat anything.

So Morris stopped the Jeep and looked around He noticed that they were in a desert now and that he had spaced out so much well driving that he had no clue where they were. Morris then unbuckled him self and then Wilkes and pulled out a basket with food for him and some pieces of metal from the destroyed/eaten Jeeps. When they finished eating ten minutes latter they left and after twenty minutes they saw the Jeep staff sergeant Kerry and the rest of the squad left in. Morris then noticed it was empty and it wasn't moving. Morris then quickly stopped behind the jeep unbuckled himself and Wilkes and got out Wilkes then jumped right out the door behind him and surprised Morris. After Morris wasn't as surprised they walked over to the jeep and saw that it was empty. Morris said to himself "this makes no sense this isn't even close to the depot... Could they of been ambushed?".

Morris then told Wilkes " Be weary i dint like the looks of this". Wilkes then put his Huge black nose up into the air and started towards what looked like mounds but Morris realized they were the camouflage from the jeep which he just then realized had not been in the back when he looked in it. He then said "I see you all". He then laughs just loud enough that he and Wilkes can hear it but no one else can. Staff sergeant Kerry and his squad stood up. He then counted and noticed there was one missing "Wheres private John?" Staff sergeant then looked around confused and when she looked back at him she had a look of shock and then squealed in surprise. Morris then felt something hit him in the back of the head and his whole world went white.

When he awoke the next day he saw that he was back at the squads HQ and was laying on the couch. He started to get up when he got hit by a rush of dizziness. He then put his hand on his forehead and felt a bandage which he hadn't noticed be for when he had woken up and he then realized what had happened. Staff sergeant Kerry then walked in and saw he was up and rushed over to his side and asked "How are you? Does your head hurt? Do you need anything?" Morris then sighed heavily because of how she had rushed herself at his expense and then replied "I'm fine and no my head doesn't hurt. Yes I'm dizzy but it's bearable and it will go away sometime.

I need to get up and move I'm so stiff so I will get what I need. Thank you so much Kerry but you might want to lay down and sleep some, I can tell that your tired." Kerry then replied tiredly "I'm not that tired and our medic told me to make sure you did not get up for the next 2 days. You can get up tomorrow but not today OK Morris! Don't get up just tell me what you need and I will go get it for you!" Morris then realized he wasn't going to be able to get up while she was in the room so he told her he needed some water and any kind of food so she would leave. Morris then watched her leave, then stood up and got hit by a dizzy spell stronger then the last one and fell right back onto the couch. He sat there for about a minute so before it finally left and then he tried to get up again this time the dizziness hit a little but he willed through it and walked around the room twice. When he finished the second and sat down Kerry walked into the room carrying a bottle of water and a sandwich on a plate.

Then put the bottle of water next to him on a table which he hadn't noticed they had moved next to the couch for some medications to be placed on, then put the plate with the sandwich on it in his lap and smiled at him then sat down next to him and rested her head on his shoulder for a minute and then he heard a soft snore coming from Kerry which almost made him laugh aloud, but he knew if he did it would awake her and she would be embarrassed. So he carefully moved her So she had her head on the pillow which he had woken up on top of. and then he looked and noticed she had made him his favorite kind of sandwich Grilled cheese with pickles. He then looked at Kerry happy remembering back when he had first meet her she was the first one that had been kind to him in the whole squad, she had even told him that she was going to make him the 3rd in command 3 months after he had joined which made everyone wonder what had gone on between them.

The staff sergeant had gotten suspicious and tried to catch them having sex and all but they had already thought ahead and made sure they didn't have sex they just talked. He then realized he had been thinking of the past for five minutes and he was starving so he eat the sandwich drank some water and moved Kerry so she was laying on the couch completely and he walked over to the door and suddenly realized he hadn't seen Wilkes yet. He then took a step out the door and was thinking of heading to the cargo bay and see if Wilkes was eating parts from a jeep again when Wilkes jumped in front of him and surprised him by woofing exactly like a dog that had been wondering where a 'friend' had been.

Morris then said "Ah Wilkes I was just about to go to the cargo bay and find you. I'm sorry about worrying you." Wilkes then jumped on top of him just like a dog and liked him a little and then stopped all of a sudden and started growling angrily at something behind Morris. Morris then looked back and saw a Creature with wings and spikes on it's tail. Morris thought it was a creature just like Wilkes but he noticed that it was completely white and he somehow knew it was the opposite of Wilkes kind.

If you liked this chapter please vote it would be much appreciated. :) And if you have any response good or bad I would love to hear it.