04

I rolled out of my bed, slipped on my dressing gown and looked at my phone to see the time. 4AM. We landed in OC and arrived at the group house probably about 2 hours ago. Everyone had gone to bed when we had come in, I was to wait until tomorrow for the tour of the house. Steph had decorated the room I was in especially for me. One wall was plastered in pictures from our childhood, the others were painted a deep purple colour, exactly my colour. I made my way over to the door opening it as quietly as I could, I didn’t want to risk waking anyone else up. I tiptoed out of the room and down the stairs. I went in the direction I had done when I first entered the house, to the kitchen. I opened a few cupboard does to find myself a glass to get some water. Once I had this I went into the connecting room on the left, the front room. I didn’t bother turning on the lights, I just sat myself down on one of the large black leather couches and snuggled myself into a cushion.

I must have fallen asleep shortly after as when I opened my eyes light was pouring through the gaps in the blinds. Movement came from in the kitchen, so I got up stretched and headed in there. Matt was busy looking through the fridge, he was just wearing a pair of shorts, I couldn’t help but admire his large tattooed body.

‘Boo’ He jumped, slamming the fridge door turning around to look at me ‘Sorry’ I laughed

‘Jeeze Emz, could have given me some kind of warning’ he smiled ‘What are you doing up so early?’

‘Couldn’t sleep, I came down here about 4 this morning’ I yawned.

‘Aww bless you. Want coffee?’

‘I could seriously murder one!’ He grinned again before making us both a coffee. ‘so, Where did the muscles come from?’ I joked ‘Last time I saw you, you were a weedy kid’

‘Oi, shut up.’ I stuck my tongue out at him.

‘Loving the arm sleeve’ I said pointing to his right arm.

‘Oh, thanks. I’m thinking of getting the right one done soon, you know matching pair. I have to say it surprised me seeing you yesterday covered in tats, not that they don’t suit you or anything’

‘Ha, yeah my way of rebelling to my parents. Check the new one out I had done a few days ago.’ I showed him the one on the side of my neck, he loved it. He came and sat on the stool next to me where we both sipped our coffee and Matt told me about Avenged Sevenfold, their band.

‘Morning people’ A sleepy Steph appeared at the doorway, She walked over to me and gave me a hug ‘How did you sleep?’

‘Yeah so so, couldn’t really switch off’

‘hmm I bet’ She grabbed a coffee.

‘I loved my room though. Thank you’

‘Don’t mention it’ She smiled. Jimmy was the next one to join us. He walked over to me giving me a hug and kiss on the forehead, before going over to Steph and sweeping her up into a large hug, planting a soft kiss on her lips.

‘errr hmmm’ I coughed. They both pulled away from each other, Steph blushed a deep shade of red. ‘Got something to tell me?’ I grinned at them, winking. Matt chuckled.

‘Ermmm’ Steph responded.

‘Well I’ll inform you’ Matt said, ‘Jimmy and Nienie here have been (air quotation marks) seeing each other for a while, just neither will ask the other out’

‘Matt shut up!’ Steph laughed.

‘OOOOOOO check you two out!’ I clapped. I couldn’t be more happy, the thought of my two best friends being together made my heart melt. ‘Since when?’