Party Life

Constant cheers of “Happy Birthday” were coming in just as quickly as solo cups were being clanked together.

        Drinks were flowing. I pretty much constantly had a drink in my hand. Friends surrounded me and gave me sips of their drinks or made me drinks to try. I really like Incredible Hulk’s, I’ll tell you that! Bulma was doing body shots on some of my guy friends. She grabbed me and told me to lay down. Suddenly, I was the one having body shots taken off of me. I couldn’t stop laughing. Some guy friends took them off, some of my girl friends took some. Someone took a picture. It was pretty awesome.

        Someone gave me a drink and I remember spitting it out. I don’t like beer. Bulma gave me her drink as she went to start dancing on the couch. I was fine dancing on the ground, like a normal person.

        Most of that night honestly passed in a haze. I don’t remember much. I remember not sleeping though.

        The party died down around 4 and mostly everyone was gone around 5, just a few close friends stayed. By this time, Bulma was passed out on the couch. One of my friends, Drew, gave me what he called his “Morning Mixer” and I happily drank it, ignoring the burning sensation that slid down my throat.

        Around 5:30 there was a knock at the door.

        Goku was on the other side. “Hey Nana! How’s the party going, still strong?”

        I felt myself grin, widely. “Hey dude! What’s up! You should totally come inside and grab a beer! I don’t like them but you can have as many as you want!”

        He smiled and stretched out to hug me, “Here, I bought you these.” He stated as he showed me a bouquet of flowers. Red roses.

        “They’re so pretty! Let’s get a vase!” He laughed and followed me into the apartment. I bounced around and looked under cabinets to find a pretty vase. He said ‘Hi’ to a few of my friends who noticed him and the flowers. “Here!” I shouted as i tossed him a pink vase. He caught it with one hand.

        “Are you okay, Nana?”

        “Ohmigod, Yes! I’m freaking fantastic,” I grabbed my cup of Morning Mixer and threw it back, chugging the last few ounces. “just finishing my morning mixer.”

        He eyed me strangely as he added water and the contents of a green pouch to the vase.

        “Goku, you know what you should totally come and see?” He finished setting up the flowers and set them on the stove, where they wouldn’t be in the way of people and followed me. I lead him to the couch and poked Bulma.

        “She’s been passed out since like 3 or 4.” I started hysterically laughing as someone in Drew’s group, across the room, cheered towards me.

        “Are you sure you’re okay? How much have you had to drink, Nana?”

        “Oh not too much. A bunch of Incredible Hulks, some Margaritas, some other cocktails, I had some beer but I didn’t like it and Drew made me a ‘Morning Mixer’. That shit is strong!”

        He sighed as he started to take notice of the mess of bottles, cans and cups spread around my living room and dining room.

        “Hey, do you want a tour of my home? Come on!” I grabbed his hand and started taking him around. I showed him the kitchen, the dining room and living room, the closet by the front, the main bathroom, my closet, my bathroom and my bedroom.