Chapter 1: New seating plan

(Jirou POV)

Like usual, I entered the classroom and took a seat next to Kaminari.

He greeted me with a cheerful "Good morning, Jirou!"

Morning," I retorted.

After grinning, Kaminari returned to conversing with his friend Kirishima.

I pulled out my notes for Aizawa's lesson and gave Kaminari a blank stare.

"His hair is extremely disorganized today." I wondered why I was thinking about his hair when I spotted it.

My train of thinking was quickly interrupted when Kaminari saw me staring at him.

"Hey! Jirou, how are you doing?"

I replied with a tinge of nervousness, "I'm alright Kami, just didn't get enough sleep that's all.

"Oh, I see. By the way, have you seen the newest  'Boredoms' music video!?"

"Yes, oh my god! The graphics were amazing!" 

We both started to gush about our favourite band and before we knew it, it was time to start classes for Kaminari and I. My talk with Kaminari ended the moment Aizawa entered the room.

The tired teacher yawned and then greeted the class.

"Hello class, I've decided that we shall have a fresh seating arrangement before we begin our lesson."

I immediately focused on the phrase "new seating plan." 

Many of my classmates cried out and spoke in a furious tone. Especially loud, was Mina's voice.

She objected, "NO FAIRRRRR, I WANT TO SIT WITH AOYAMA AND TSUYU."

I was having the same exact thoughts in my head as Mina. "I didn't want to get up from my seat," Kaminari was close to me, and I enjoyed chatting to him.

(Kaminari POV)

I was immediately opposed to Aizawa's suggestion about the seating arrangement idea he had  in mind. I turned to face Jirou and studied her features. She is the kind of girl who hides her feelings, yet I could see a glimmer of disappointment in the corner of her eyes.

I actually did have a little crush on Jirou. I repressed such emotions for a while, telling myself that she was just a friend, but now I can plainly see things. I have liked her throughout the past few months.

I kept my crush a secret, even from Kirishima, because I knew she didn't feel the same way and I didn't want to damage our friendship.

(normal POV)

Aizawa began naming people while disregarding the protests.

"Uh, Jirou you move with Tokoyami."

Jirou arose. She moved disappointedly to her new seat. Aizawa ignored Kaminari's glares and those of his classmates while continuing to call out names, despite the latter's irritated glances in his direction.

Kaminari's name was soon called and he was relocated to a chair next to Mina. Although it wasn't a horrible seat, Kaminari preferred to be next to Jirou. However, Jirou was now separated from him by two rows.

To both of them it felt like a huge gap. 

Will their friendship change? Keep reading to find out!

(A/N hiii, I am called Ali/ Alisa and this is the first time I'm posting a story here on Wattpad as I finally got the confidence to (yay)!! BUT. As it is my first story, it might not be that good so please be nice  :) also I know it's short (compared to other authors idk??) but just cope with me ✨ also if there is anything I can change or smth, don't be afraid to tell me in the comments! thanks and enjoy💗 !!)