The End Part 2

"The Earth is mine," But that voice, it gave me the chills.
This was the man that killed Raven.
And I was going to kill him.
He opened his mouth and a strange sound came out along with a strong burst of air that began to rip up everything in it's path.
I guess I wasn't going to kill him, he was going to kill me. At least I could see Raven again, and hopefully Slade got what he deserved for this. 
I brought up my arm out of instinct as I felt the wave wash over me and I was knocked to the floor, feeling something cocoon over the top of me. Something that felt awake inside of me and felt like Raven. And when I looked around I did not like what I could see.
The sky was tinted red, as if in eternal sunset without the sun. Buildings stood half destroyed, the floor lifted and strewn everywhere. And no one around, not a single sign of life. I had survived the end of the world.
The only survivor of the end of the world. Not again, I couldn't be the only survivor of my family again. 
Slade. He said it would pass, he was wrong. But what if Trigon had spared him. Maybe I could find him, maybe he was free of the deal and could help me make it pass over still. Maybe it wasn't all lost.
It was all I had. But that didn't stop the crushing pain that was eating away at me, the sobs that wracked my body.  I would give myself this moment. This moment to mourn everything that I just lost and then I would fix it. 
The moment lasted five minutes before I brought it back under control. I brought myself to my feet, my legs felt like jelly beneath me but I couldn't be the only person left. Slade would be out there somewhere, he had planned for this, he must have survived. He had to. I don't care that he helped bring this as long as he's there, as long as he helps reverse it. 
I forced my feet to move, to just walk out of the rubble of the library and towards the street. The first place to check would be Slade's hideouts, then the tower. He'd wait for me, that's what he always did, he'd wait for me to find him so that we never missed each other.
But I stopped in my tracks as I turned to the street. The people weren't dead or disintegrated. They were stone. At least only a few had fear on their faces, some turned peacefully, unaware the end of the world had been and gone. I began to move through them, nothing I could do for them right now. 
I startled a little as I heard a rustling above me and looked around to see a crow coming in to land on one of the upturned bits of rubble. No, not a crow, a raven. One with blood red eyes, four of them.
"Raven?" A long stretch, but I'd take anything about now.
And with the way it was looking at me, it had higher intelligence than the average raven.
I had only taken a step to it when it flew off, slower and lower then how it had come in. It wanted me to follow it. So I did.
Breaking into a jog it led me through the streets and towards the remains of what looks like it was once a lighthouse. And then it went up. I began the climb after it, the new tilt of the building making it easier to climb, but there was no solid ground for me to attach my grapple to.
But when I reached the top the Raven was gone and there was nothing there. Just a better view of the destruction. I walked to the edge and fell to my knees. There was no life here, nothing to save.
I'd lost everything. I guess it would be poetic to go the same way my family had. The rock was unstable already, I could feel it quivering under me. I guess if the rock gave out it was a sign.
And the rock did give out.
For a second all I felt was the sweet release of the air, and image that always came when I fell didn't come. I wasn't scared of that fate this time. It was all that was left for me.
But then something clamped around my arm, something cold and much like a hand.
"I got you."
I looked up and saw the owner of the voice. Cyborg had survived. I wasn't alone. I was just weak. Just ready to give up like that. 
I let him pull me back up, making sure that nothing of my thoughts since I'd awoken were visible. Making sure that I was still the strong leader of the Titans despite everything that had just happened. Despite how easily I had just broken.
"I'm glad you made it," Cy said as I looked and saw BB and Star with him.
"Robin, you are unharmed," Star said as she ran over and embraced me.
I quickly pried her off of me, "I saw something out there, in the city. It led me here."
"It led all of us here," Beast Boy said and then looked down, "Almost all of us."
"We're the only ones left," Cy said as I turned back to look over the city, ignoring the pain growing in my heart.
Just cause they had survived didn't mean I hadn't lost everyone else. Slade, Jason, Raven... Bruce.
"But how is this possible?" Star asked, "How have we survived?"
"It was Raven, she saved us," Beast Boy replied, "I don't know how but she did."
"Back at the tower," I cut in as the lightbulb went off, "When Raven knocked us out, the last thing I heard was her voice. It said 'Trust me'. She did something. Something that protected us from Trigon."
"As if it matters," Cyborg said, "Look around. There's nothing left. What's the point?"
Try not to sound like what I was thinking a moment ago. Try not to sound like you've given up already because than the others will too. To be a leader you have to present a strong front to the troops when they need it, and right now, they need it.
"Hope, that's the point," I said, trying to believe the words myself, "As long as we're still here we still have a chance. And that's why we're going to keep fighting. For Raven."
I put my hand out in front of me, inviting the others to join me.
"For Raven," Star, ever the optimist was the first to place hers on top.
"For Raven," Cy sounded like he had some of his mojo back already, now he had a purpose.
"For Raven," BB was the last to join.
That was when I felt that thing inside me again, and we were blasted apart from each other as some of Raven's magic formed around our hands.
"Okay, that felt weird," Cyborg was the first to speak.
"Raven may not have been able to stop Trigon from coming, but she left us a way to fight him," I said as I summoned the magic, sending all my despair into it, almost naturally.
The time I'd spent meditating with her and our bond had paid off if I could control this power with such instinct, "She gave us some of her power."
"And it grows stronger when we stand as one," Star said and I felt my signature smirk grace my face.