Cyborg the Barbarian

We all headed to the main room after a request from Cyborg to say he'd been upgrading the system. And he must have just finished as the door closed behind us and he jumped from his seat on the sofa.
"Megaphonic sound, Ultra plasma display, bay shielded amps and to top it off a brand new hot off the shelf and impossible to find anywhere, Game Station XL."
"It's beautiful," Beast Boy got out and he looked like he was going to cry, Jesus.
"I'm glad you're upgrading ops Cyborg, but is any of this going to actually help us fight crime?" I asked and he just looked guilty.
Not that it mattered, it was a surprise upgrade anyway, the system we have works perfectly.
"Uh sure," He said, but the guilty look stayed.
"And for what purpose is this fighting device?" Star asked and I turned to see her pushing buttons on a white cuboid on the kitchen top.
Only for the top to come out and it to shoot out waffles whilst the side opened up to produce a plate and glass of orange juice, the waffles landing neatly stacked and a fork falling in the top as well.
"Evil beware, we have waffles," Raven muttered.
"I like this stuff as much as the next guy," So long as the next guy wasn't Beast Boy, "But don't you think it's a little, big?"
"Come on guys, this is the future," Cyborg argued, "If we don't keep up it'll just leave us behind. Besides, don't you wanna hear the new equaliser?"
He indicated to the wall that had been replaced with said equaliser and didn't wait for a response before he went to change one of the dials. Only for it to zap him and him to disappear as soon as he touched it.
Great, just perfect.
"Okay, before anybody says anything that was totally not my fault," Beast Boy got in quickly.
"Where did he go?" Starfire asked.
"He's not showing up on my tracker," I admitted as I fished it out of my pocket.
"What do we do?" Raven asked.
"We take this thing apart and we find out what it did to react with his circuits this way," I said, "Prepare for the most boring day of your life."

I was wrong when I said the most boring day of our lives, it turned out that it was going to take longer than a day. Beast Boy knew just about everything about the display so he explained it all to us, which I had to focus very hard not to just tune out as background noise. But I had to listen, it might give something away. Raven and Starfire worked together to move it and start breaking it apart whilst I then looked at how the schematics lined up with Cyborgs, not telling them how I had all this information, not that they asked anyway. If they knew all the information I had on all of them, well, I'd be creating some trust issues was a nice way to put it. By the end of the day BB had already gone off with Star, they didn't have the attention span, they weren't used to doing work like this. Hence it always fell to me and Cy. But Raven had stayed. That surprised me a little, but I wasn't going to complain.
"You know, you could invite Jason over?" She said after we'd been searching for about ten minutes in silence.
"He'd hate doing this work, he never really was into the detective side of Robin. Really took the Bat tactic of hit first, ask later," I shot the idea down.
"But I'd like to meet him, in real life, not just in your head," She pushed, "And he might be able to help, you never know."
"But what if the others see him-"
"They won't even know who he is, just say he's another hero friend," Raven cut me off as she placed the latest piece of tech she'd taken apart into my pile.
"Fine, let me call him," I replied as I got out my phone.
She watched as I rang him, Jason answering after three rings.
"What's up, kid?"
"Could you come over to the tower, someone wants to meet you."
"What do you mean? You told them about me?" He bit back and I could hear movement, "I thought you were keeping me off the radar."
"It's just Raven," I replied, "When she helped clear me of Brother Blood she learnt everything, and that included you and Slade. And she'd like to say hello to my baby brother."
"Tell your girlfriend I'll be over in half an hour," He smirked and hung up as I felt myself turn red.
She was not my girlfriend. The only person that had referred to her as my girlfriend before was Slade.
"He said he'll be here soon," I said aloud and she smirked as she picked up the next block and started breaking it down.