Chapter 5

Luna's POV:

"What of the Billywig father?" I enquire as I look up. I see him muttering by the press and writing down notes. "Father?" He turns his head.

"Oh. Yes Dear?" He looks back down. This time I know he is listening.

"What of the Billywig? Do you wish for me to write that article?" He nods and mutters back to me.

"Of course my dear. You were always much better with those creatures than me. Could you also take the one on spells and your little clothing section of course." I nod and go over to the desk and tap the quill that will write out the article from my notes.

Billywig Rise in Australia? 
Written by Luna Lovegood

As of this past Saturday there has been a rise in the number of Billywigs. Originally thought to have been going extinct, a colony was recently found after an Auror stumbled upon it.

The details of where the Auror stumbled upon it were not released as this inflation is needed. However, going from less of a total of 200 hundred to just about 1,000 thousand is incredible news. 

Billywigs, if you have not already deduced, are native to Australia. They are sapphire blue and swift moving. Wings at the top of its head, rotating as it flies; and with a long thin stinger at the end of the body. Hardly noticed by muggles and even less by us Wand Wielders until we have been stung. Relatively small. They cause giddiness and levitation. Too many stings could cause a side effect of practically permanent levitation. 

Witches and wizards catching Billywigs and using them for their stingers for their effects and the once popular sweet; Fizzing Whizbees. The stingers were used in this sweet and were quite popular. Which made the demand in Billywigs even more needed to make these sweet treats. Which led to the practical or, so thought,  extinction. 

To see a picture continue to page 6

Need more space in an object?
Written by Luna Lovegood

An undetectable extension charm. It increases the interior dimensions of an object while maintaining the exterior. 

Spelling: Capacious Extremis

Pronunciation: ca-pay-shus ex-tre-mis

Wand Movement: Point at the object in question you are trying to expand

Etymology: Capax, in Latin, means "be able to take in" and Extremis means "to the limit."

For more go to page 7

I get up and go to the press and issue it out on the papers and make copies. "Father."

"Yes?" I look over to where he is making copies of his articles to put in the magazine.

"In an hour, after we get this issue done and the copies of the magazine made, Amethyst should be back with her family. I was hoping to go see her." He nods and mutters, acknowledging that he heard me and I can go. 

I page together the articles and make copies of the magazine within the next hour and put them out for release the next morning. Leaving, I kiss my father goodbye. 

I start to skip towards her home but I feel pulled towards the Pocket Dimension she had shown me. Wondering in that direction I go through the tree and pass through the portal. Looking around I see a curled up figure by the tree.

I hear soft hiccups as I get closer. I sit down next to her and hug her. She clings closer to me as she cries. "Why is she crying? She was so looking forward to the day spending with her family. What happened? I hope she is alright." I wonder and look down as she calms down. As she looks up to me I tilt my head in question. She shakes her head and I nod. 

"You do not wish to speak about it. I hope everything is alright then with your family." She nods and smiles a little. Though, I notice it does not reach her eyes. I stand up and pull her up. "You're it." I say as I run away. 

Not necessarily a muggle game. We call it "Catch me if you can". I have heard the muggle children call it "Tag". Either way. It is fun. We spent hours playing games, climbing the tree, playing with the spirits, we even went swimming. Used our undergarments but not our knickers. It was all fun until we had to go home. Amethyst looked so sad.

I hug her and reassure her everything is going to be alright. She must just talk it out with her family. I kiss her on the cheek in farewell and watch as she walks slowly back in the direction of her house.