the hurt

Tyler's p.o.v.

the councilmen walks in from the council room

"well 8. Since your a level 8 you will lose a few points on your level for defiance. Also you will have a whipping session today in the auditorium a silver one in front of the highest and lowest shifters after all classes. I will make sure Rachael will be there. Sorry 8 but this is serious she needs strict training."

"can't you consider. I'm the highest level in this school. I can train her. my mother Mrs.steelia even agreed."

"whipping is still there but I wont call random high shifter. Rachael will be there and the teachers as well as your mother and father. About training her, well we'll see."

"thank you sir"he unlocks the handcuffs telling me to go.

I walk out cursing myself from staying with her like an idiot.

I walk down the hall to my dorm.

"hey 8! your girlfriend came by asking where you were."

"I have a whipping today a bronze one."

"I told you not to get tangled up with her."

"I know..."

I get ready for classes. I walk in the halls toward math class.

"Tyler!" Rachael runs up to me mad.

she comes up slapping me.

"okay I deserve that"

"No kidding!why did you leave?"

"I didn't want to get you in trouble."

"you could have left a note!"

"that would make you even more mad at me and I left for you... I'm sorry Rachael this isn't me. I don't want you."

"what is wrong with your mind? you say you don't want to hurt me or break my heart but you do crap like this!"

I talk quitely. "Rachael I have a whipping today because of you. please don't make this harder."

"oh... Tyler..."she hugs me

I hate how girls yell at you then you tell them something sad and they do this.

I bend down to her ear.

"I love you. I want you to meet me in the gym after the whipping. you will be forced to come. Don't talk to me at all until then." I pull away walking away and down the hall into the classroom. she follows me and I sit down next to my friends. she sits down next to ally and class begins.

Rachael's p.o.v.

I sit down next to ally.

"I'm sorry if I intruded..."

"you were fine."

" ally he left in the middle of the night and got caught. he's getting whipped because of me"

"woah... I'm sorry..."

I stay silent starring ahead

classes are over and I walk through the halls and a man comes up to me.

"lets head to the auditorium" he says dragging me down the hall.

we go in and he sits me down in a chair and teacher crowd around with some students.I sigh looking at the floor.

Tyler is brought out on stage and pushed in a kneeling position.2 students hold his wrists one of them is Mason.

I hear a grunt looking up at him he's shirtless and holding himself up tall.

I hear another but he doesn't budge 5 more and he finnaly bends over couphing up blood.5 more whips and he Leta himself go being only held up by the 2 boys. I count 19 and the whip him once more. I'm sitting close enough I'm flicked with his blood. Mason pulls him up as the other Guy drops him.

Tyler's p.o.v.

Mason pulls me up and I'm barely still concious.

"come on Tyler, stand up." he says quietly.I stand barely able to hold myself up.

"thank you." I mumble out blood in my mouth. I look up seeing Rachael's face covered in horror and blood. It takes me a second to realize its my blood her face is splattered with.I stand up regaining my strength and I push Mason away to walk off stage.

"don't turn around, she's already horrified."Mason calls after me. Some of the student snicker at me and some look at me with sadness my mother and father smile shakeing their heads from me standing. I walk backwards off the stage. saying thank you in sign language.I grab my shirt the took off throwing it on the blue fabric covering my soon to be scars. I walk to the gym to see Rachael. I realize how crazy I am to see her after the whipping.

she appears in the door of the gym. she runs over to me.

I hug her and she carefully hugs me. I look at her face and wipe a drop of my blood off her face. I lean down and kiss her.

she grabs at the back of my shirt pulling it up and I let her take it off.

"Can I look?"

"ya just don't scream."I say

her hands venture over the wounds touching them with gentle hands. she turns me around starring at my back.

"so?"I say strongly even though I feel like I'm gonna pass out.

"I'm lost for words." she says

I turn around looking into her eyes

"your not scared?"I ask

"yes and no... I know your fine but when I saw you up there... it just..."

"I know"I say.

"follow me" she says shifting into a bird flying up to the bars holding the roof up. I shift into my pure form jumping on the bleaches tucked away in the corner than up to where she's perched and we both shift back. I lean over kissing her.

"I love you" I say

"I love you too" she says

Mason walks in the gym.

"I know your in here just be careful."

he walks out.

she lays against me.

"I have to go." I whisper.

"okay,ill wait."

I walk out and through the halls to my dorm. I feel bad about leaveing her there but my back was hurting bad and I needed to get back to the dorm.

erica, my sister, live in the dorm with me and 2 other guys. I walk in and she rushes toward me.

"for a dragon?"

"ya I'm sorry..."

"are you okay? let me put some medicine on it."

"fine."I say even though it doesn't hurt at the moment. I sit down waiting for her.

"sit down on that stool" she points over to the stool I walk over and sit down. she pulls off my shirt.

"is this really necessary?" I ask

"yes" she puts some type of creme all over my back. My back starts to sting and burn.

"your making it hurt worse!"I yell at her.

"ya but it will make it better"she says

I walk to the bathroom washing off the sticky burning creme into the shower throwing my shirt on. I walk to my bedroom laying down on my stomach.