☾ 17. 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚

"Ryuu never returned ever since that day he offered you some food," Yoko spoke out, sipping onto the cup of hot green tea that [name] had prepared for her, watching as the young woman was sewing what seems to be a precious kimono

"Did you grow tired of him, though?" she asked, looking up from the needle and thread, watching as Yoko scoffed slightly in response, placing the cup of green tea down.

"If he hadn't been such a pathetic excuse of a man, I wouldn't be tired of him. The only reason why I tried to keep the family together was because of our son," she spoke out, reaching out as her fingers gently traced the kimono that laid upon [name]'s lap.

"They said he was killed by a demon. Yet, despite my son crying for help, I felt relieved," she added on and watched as [name] chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of her neck a little.

"Now come on, tell me about this demon lover of yours that got you all bundled up in a crying mess when I saw you," she spoke out, and [name] couldn't help but laugh at Yoko's attempt in cheering her up.

"Come on, you can't hide it away from me anyway. As if I didn't witness everything on the hill," Yoko pointed out and [name] easily chugged an apple towards her.

"I believe I have a few minutes to spare before I leave this town," she spoke out and Yoko's eyes widened at what was said, where she remembered that the first time she bonded with [name], the young woman mentioned about her older brother.

"Though, if I were to see my older brother right now, I would end up calling him an idiot for taking such a long time too. Though... Being a demon slayer isn't an easy task, nor is it that convenient for him to be searching for me when he is deployed elsewhere but here," she spoke out.

"If only people understood. What if they were the ones who are tasked to find their lost sibling or loved ones? As if they had a choice. As if they could do it within a year or so. Fate isn't that generous," she added on and Yoko reached out, flicking her on the forehead.

"You are being a little sentimental there, my dear. Who spoke of your older brother in such a manner? The thing is, he didn't stop to find you, did he?" and she watched as the once blind girl laughed, hugging the repaired kimono against her chest.

"He didn't. He never will. Isn't it funny for me to have faith in him despite our separation for years?"

"Your bond with him is unbreakable. Maybe it runs in the family or something," and she watched as [name] shook her head, letting out a sigh as she took a look at the kimono she held.

"My demon lover... I love him so much. Though he isn't around anymore, it feels as if he is always there, looking out for me," she spoke out and looked out of the patio, where the flowers were blooming.

How it swayed along with the gentle breeze, and she smiled slightly. Feeling someone engulfing her from behind, a faint warmth lingering on her back. Yet, she just had to wait for the time being.