☾ 15. 𝙖𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚

"You will come back, right?" she asked, holding onto the back of his clothes before he took another step forward

"You will come back, right?" she asked, holding onto the back of his clothes before he took another step forward. He noticed his fellow comrades waiting for him right outside the run-down estate, where they looked at what was going on.

Days turned into a month or so, how things were still the same. The only issues that happened were their usual night walks were obstructed by Doma, and [name] would often run away when Akaza ends up punching the Upper Moon Two.

Hence, it was more of a hide and seek bonding session for Kokushibo as he had to find [name] before she gets injured in the wild.

"Oh, don't worry [name]-chan! Kokushibo-dono will definitely return, after all, he is the strongest of us all!" Doma spoke out, but not a single word was spoken about where the trio was headed to.

"Remember... Burn the wisteria incense... Keep... Yourself safe... I'll... Return..." Kokushibo spoke out, turning his body fully as he engulfed her in a tight hug. Feelings were nothing for a demon, but for the mortal before him, it meant everything.

As he planted a kiss on her lips once more, something he would always do when he wakes up and goes to sleep. Whenever he sees her down, or happy. He couldn't resist the urge to give her a kiss and to have her in his arms.

"Come back soon," she whispered out, and the house grew silent. The sound of rain greeted her, and the loneliness engulfed her once more. Her lips parted slightly, she had kept quiet about what she thought of the scent that he had given off.

"Liar..." she whispered out as she hugged the yukata he had changed out before leaving the estate. A shaky breath escaped her lips as her fingers started to fumble with the fabric.

"I know you won't..."

◤◢◤◢◤◢

"Don't move," Giyuu called out as he held his arm out, preventing Obanai from rushing forward as all demon slayers and Hashiras stopped in their movement. Lips in a fine thin line as they remembered those tedious training they went through, patrols and everything.

"Are you fucking crazy, Tomioka?! Haizaki is ri-,"

"I know. But don't move," Giyuu added on, whereas Sabito had to hold back Sanemi from rushing forward. For the Shadow Hashira was struggling, slightly as his neck was gripped tightly by none other than the demon lord.

A miscalculation was made, rendering him to become the supposed sacrifice for the plan. He controlled his breathing, dark blue ocean eyes darted from left to right, wondering who was going to save him from getting killed.

"You look oddly familiar," Kibutsuji Muzan spoke out, where he soon lets out a chuckle as he realized what was oddly familiar of the man in his hold.

"You have a younger sister, don't you?" and Haizaki's eyes widened at what was being said. Kanae was by the side, worried about what was going on. It wasn't a secret that Haizaki tends to go all silent when his younger sister was mentioned.