☾ 10. 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜

"That's odd

"That's odd... It has been days ever since he last set foot into the house," she thought to herself as she was busy cleaning the house as much as she could to the best of her capability. His scent was not as strong as before, where she had to result in burning wisteria incense that she had kept in the spare room.

But somehow her gut feeling was telling her, it wasn't enough to keep the demons at bay any longer. She could only grip the handle of the broom tightly as she prayed, hoping that Kokushibo would return soon.

Or had he grown tired of a blind human woman like her?

Till her nose twitched slightly and the sound of something running towards her was heard. With the broom still within her hold, did she turn towards the sound and swing the broom with all her might.

But what was left within the house, was nothing but a blood trail.

"Hey! Can't you watch where you're going?!" a boy shouted and he watched as he shoved [name] aside. She wasn't the one at fault in the first place. She fell into the pile of snow and started sneezing as it was extremely cold. She clutched tightly the lemon she had managed to buy by saving up enough money.

"What? That's pathetic, protecting a lemon!" the boy spoke and started to kick her. [name] then shut her eyes as the boy continued to kick her. He looked utterly confused at what was going on as he looked around.

The scene was all too familiar to him, it was clear. But why was he reliving the memories he cherished deeply. His body started to move on his own, the way his mouth did so as well as he yelled out.

"OI, GET THE HELL AWAY FROM HER YOU!" a familiar voice roared down the streets and the boy's eyes widened as he turned and ran away. [name] then heard running footsteps and soon felt the warm hands she loved so much.

It was indeed a repeat of events, but he couldn't care less about it. He placed his warm hands on either side of her face, she was cold to the touch. How she could still see, something that he had always hoped she would be able to after the incident.

"[name], you alright?" he asked, and he knew what her response was. She nodded her head as she shakily uncovered the lemon that she had managed to keep safe within her hold. He could feel the way his chest tightened as he continued to stare at the bruises formed against her skin.

"Nii-san, for you. A lemon," she spoke out, and he knew why she got a lemon for him. He remembered that lately, he had been so busy and seem to be in a daze frequently, helping their father out whenever he could. 

Their mother always made a hot lemon drink with honey in it to help them feel better.

"Why are you such an idiot?" he asked as he pulled her into a tight hug, trying to warm her up as much as he could before she caught a cold. Everything was repeating, he knew the next step on what's going to happen.