☾ 02. 𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙮

He didn't bother to hide

About how he killed humans.

"How much for this?" the man asked and [name] looked around, trying to face towards the direction of where the voice had come from. Her lips curled up into a smile as she sniffed the air a little and she raised her hand to indicate the price.

"500¥," she answered and the man gasped slightly in response.

"That's expensive!"

"But you took 5 stalks, sir. Each stalk is a 100¥," she pointed out as her lips were pressed into a fine thin line, unsure of what to say anymore as the flowers were thrown back at her. She let out a sigh as she carefully picked the flower out and laid them properly.

"Oh, dear. What a terrible man. How could he just throw the flowers at you?" a woman spoke out as she came over, helping to dust off the bits of dirt that were stuck on [name]'s face, watching as the blind girl laughed softly.

"It's okay... Maybe it is too expensive," she whispered as she scratched her cheek slightly, and the older woman let out a sigh. [name]'s blind eyes widened as she heard the sound of the flowers being gathered.

"M'am?" she whispered.

"Hm? I'm buying all of this. You should head home soon, it's going to start raining," the older woman spoke out as she handed [name] a bag of shillings, [name]'s lips parted as she was about to cry, only to hear footsteps coming close to her.

She lowered her head as her locks covered most of the sides of her face as she sniffled a little. Her lips remained parted as she felt someone tapping her on the shoulder, with what seemed to be a cast of a sword.

She turned to face the direction as she recognised the scent, and she wiped away the tears from her face as she stood up. She started to walk while he disappeared before anybody else could see him as they were all packing up for the night had fallen upon them.

He wasn't sure why he was there once more. But the look on her face when the older woman had bought all the flowers from her, made his heart skip a beat somehow and he wanted to be close to her.

How he had been watching her ever since he returned from his mission. Hiding in the dark so he wouldn't be burnt, and how the place she sold the flowers at was often sheltered too, so he didn't have to worry that much.

And Akane [name] knew he was always there with her. But she never once questioned why he hid in the shadows, why he wouldn't just come up to her and sit next to her while she sold the flowers.

She was just contented with how he was there, that's all. She didn't feel that lonely as she remembered those times she was left alone on the cold winter nights, sleeping in various alleyways.

Only to be taken in by an old lady.

Who passed away soon after, leaving [name] to live alone in the house on the top of the hill. How she remembered those times she would wake up to good food and the old lady coughing softly as she was trying to plough the flowers.