Chapter 4

A/N: Okay I know it's been awhile and I thank everyone for hanging in there with me. Now I'm giving you all a warning. Swearing is taking place in this chapter big time thanks to a certain POV. I hope I got it right or at least in the ballpark. If any of the ladies who read this story could let me know how I did I would appreciate your feedback.

As always Vote, Comment and thank you for reading.

Edited by BizarreSmalls

Chapter 4

The drive to the hotel that's hosting the dance is peaceful. I have the music playing softly. I haven't felt this peaceful since I was rejected.

I refuse to let feelings of sadness and anger over take me, this night is not about me and my pain, this night is about Charity. Call me a selfish bastard if you like, but I want to keep it that way. A small part of me hopes she doesn't find her mate tonight so I wont be alone, but the vast majority of me hopes she finds her mate so she will be happy and protected, that she get's everything that I've been denied by Her.

I pull up outside the hotel, a valet is standing outside my door as I open it. He hands me a ticket stub and slides into the drivers seat. As I round the car, I see another valet holding open Charity's door. He is staring at her slack jawed. A smile spread across my face even as a pang of sadness stabs my heart. I hold my hand out for her. She takes it and slides out of the car and stands tall next to me. She truly is breathtaking.

I put her hand through my arm as we walk through the front doors and lobby. I can feel the eyes of every unmated male and more than a few females roaming over Charity. More than just eyes follow us to the banquet hall. Hushed whispers and a few cat calls come our way. Charity's cheeks are a bright pink and a shy smile curves her lips.

A couple with graying hair is sitting behind a table at the entrance to the hall. Charity slips her hand out of my arm and walks quickly to the older couple. She goes behind the desk and hugs the elderly woman, while the man pat's her shoulder lightly. The former Alpha and Luna of the Oakwood pack turn to greet me.

“Ah, young Mister Holland. I see you are escorting Miss Williams tonight.” The former alpha, or as he's more commonly known as, Grandpa Oak offers his hand to shake.

Grandpa Oak is built tall and broad just like his son and grandson. White and gray hair has given his hair a salt and pepper look, his eyes a gentle sky blue. Grandma Oak is a head shorter than her mate and has a petite frame that is still turning heads. The gray hides a lot easier in her light blonde hair. She smiles up at me with her light blue eyes shining.

“Thomas dear, I'm so glad you got Charity to come this year.” Grandma Oak beams.

“It wasn't just me Grandma Oak, Celine was quite helpful.” I grin at Charity.

“Yeah, if you mean by helpful, her badgering me into submission, forcing me to get a dress and new glasses, then yes she was very helpful.” She grins back at me.

“Well I hope you two and that grandson of mine find your mates tonight. Such good kids like yourselves deserve to find your mates, Not that witch who thinks she’s Marcus's mate.” Grandma Oak growls as Grandpa cuts her off.