Chapter 1

Edited by BizarreSmalls

Chapter 1

I didn't get to spend any time with Marcus and the others over the last two weeks. Between their duties as future alpha and beta's and my after school job. All I saw of them was as we passed each other in the hall's at school.

Plus word through the pack rumor mill is Marcus has started dating Belladonna, or Bella, as she insists everyone call her. The other rumor going around is that she's hinting that she and Marcus are mates. I'm not to sure about that one, because I'm sure Brian or Celine would find me to rant about it, especially after how they talked about her.

Well I should find out for sure today. There's a pack grill out at the pack house, plus I got texts from both Marcus and Celine saying that they want to hang out. Celine will fill me in on everything going on with Bella.

I pull up to the pack house. I have to go to work later tonight so drove by myself. I spot mom, dad and Becca getting out of their car.

My parents are John and Mary Holland. My mother has wheat blonde hair with just a few gray hairs hiding in it. She's a petite five foot seven with crystal blue eyes.

My fathers’ hair is a dark chestnut brown with threads of gray at his temples. He's a lanky six foot two. His eyes are such a dark brown that they are almost black.

My sister is a perfect mix of the two of them. Her hair is a golden brown. She's not even sixteen yet and she's as tall as mom and could be pushing six foot by the time she's done growing. Her eyes are a deep sapphire blue. She could easily be in the popular crowd if she wanted to but she share's the quiet Holland reserve that seems to run in the family. Still, I've had to growl at more than a few guys who've started sniffing around.

I guess you would say that we are not the typical brother and sister. We have each others backs, we rarely fight, and hell, we play a lot of the same computer games and like the same book's. She is my best friend and I love her to pieces. I know it’s sappy, so sue me. I trot up to them and I sling my arm over her shoulder.

“So sis how's the community service going?” I grin down at her.

“I kinda see what mom like's about it. Getting to help people everyday, it feels really good. Now if mom wasn't perched on my shoulder every single minute I'm there, it would be even better.” She says this all loudly so mom and dad can hear her. Mom just rolls her eyes and dad leads her towards the back of the pack house.

“Okay sis, truth. How's it going?” I ask her softly.

“I really do like it Tom. I think it's what I want to do with my life.” I can see the excitement in her eyes.

I grin down at her. I'm happy she found something she wants to do. She will make a great nurse or even maybe a doctor. I lean down and kiss her on the top of the head. She smiles up at me.

“Love ya bro.”

“Love ya sis. Go have fun.”