Chapter 3

A/N: As always Vote, Comment and thank you for reading.

Edited by BizarreSmalls

Chapter 3

Charity's father opened the door after we knocked. He lead us into the living room where we had some small talk until Charity's mother steps into the living room.

“Well boy's, they're ready.”

We shuffle into the hallway leading to the stairs to the second floor. Celine is the first to appear at the top of the stairs. She's wearing a strapless emerald green dress that is tight around her bust and flair's into a flowing skirt. There is gold beading lining the top edge focusing one attention to her cleavage. The gold beading crosses under her chest and wraps around the waist and flows out into the skirt. Gold and emerald earrings and necklace bring out her green eyes.

“You lucky bastard.” I murmur to Brian. He's grinning ear to ear.

“Yes, Yes I am.”

Brian is wearing a matching emerald green tie. He's wearing a two piece suit, white button up shirt, black suit jacket with matching black slacks. When she makes it down the stairs, he pulls her into his arms and with an act of god like strength, only kisses her cheek instead of her lips that have a vivid red lipstick that are screaming to be kissed.

I plaster a smile onto my face to hide the jealousy that is coursing through my veins at this moment. She puts her hands on my shoulders as I bend down and give her a hug. As I pull back from the hug, I look at her expecting to see her smiling face. Instead she has a look of concern. She knows something’s wrong, but not what is wrong. I give her a small tight smile and she gives my shoulder a squeeze. Celine turns and looks up the stairs and sighs.

“Charity Williams, get your butt out here now or I'm coming back up there.”

“You know I'm not comfortable about this dress.” Charity whines from out of sight up stairs.

“Girl you’re not comfortable about anything we did the last five days. Now get out here, or do I have to make it an order?”

Charity steps out to the top of the stairs. Brian coughs in surprise, and I lose all higher brain function. I once more silently curse the goddess; she gave me a she devil for a mate, when all I wanted was the angel before me. Her dress is a bright scarlet red, it's simple, elegant, and she looks drop dead gorgeous in it. It looks like it’s made of silk, or maybe satin. It has a single thin over the shoulder strap covered in what looks like ivy vines embroidered in gold. There is a slit going from the hem to about three inches above her knee, more gold ivy embroidery starts about two inches above the slit which goes up and curves just under her breast and goes under her arm. I vaguely register the strappy gold high heels I can see through the slit in the dress. The upper half of the dress hugs her curves, and wow are there some curves. Her normally dull brown hair is now a vibrant dark brown and is up in an interlacing coiling braid, leaving her ivory white skin to contrast with her vivid red dress. I almost didn't notice the small rimless glasses she’s wearing. She is wearing a gold tear drop necklace with a ruby stone, with matching tear drop earrings.

She gracefully walks down the stairs, her cheeks red from blushing. She stops in front of me and looks up with her light blue eyes. Her glasses all but invisible on her face. I give my first true smile since I was rejected; I feel as if some small weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Celine is grinning like a loon and Brian wolf whistles. She blushes a even deeper red. Celine slaps him on the chest.

“Stop that, if she blushes any more she's going to pass out.”

“I feel like I'm under dressed.” I'm wearing a three piece suit. My slacks, full sleeve shirt, and jacket are black. My vest and tie are a matching crimson red.

“No Tom, you are most definitely not under dressed.” A small sweet smile curves her lips as she runs her hand up my chest. Celines lean's in.

“See, I told you the dress would make you brave.” Charity leans into me wrapping her arm around my waist. She looks at Celine.

“Yes you were right, are you happy now? Now at least I'm not going to look frumpy next to Tom.” I put two fingers underneath her chin and make her look at me.

“You have always been beautiful, Charity. Just ‘cause the rest of the world couldn't see it is their fault, not yours.” A single tear falls down her cheek. I quickly wipe it away as Celine takes her free hand in her's.

“Do not doubt his words Charity. Our Tom often see's what others do not.” Brian gives me a look of respect, and maybe a little awe.

“Okay, now let's get this show on the road before the clock strikes twelve and this fairy tale ends and I turn into a pumpkin.”

“Your chariot awaits.” I motion to the door.

If she only knew.