Waterloo

My, my
I tried to hold you back, but you were stronger
Oh yeah
And now it seems my only chance is giving up the fight

Trixie's POV

My leg was anxiously bouncing up and down. I was trying to concentrate on anything else than all the men talking business in front of me or just keeping quiet looking at my face until it reached my breasts. I grabbed Dane's arm as hard as I could, and when he noticed what was happening, he just gave a murderous look at the idiot in front of us, but that didn't change things much.

Today was one of those business days where Travis would get very serious and bring some investors to meet and talk about my career. Everything seemed to indicate that since the last nesting in LA, where I didn't follow his instructions to go with those nasty men instead of going with Katya, he was angry with me for making him lose people. If I was afraid of Travis before, then I was terrified now. So for better or worse, the last album was beginning to win more popularity since my live version of "Yellow Cloud" came out on a famous radio station and this just complicated everything even more.

"Your pink hair is beautiful; I think they would sell even more if they took away the blonde wig," said the man in front of us for the first time.

I didn't answer.

"Dolly?" Travis said, visibly angry that I hadn't replied.

"Thank you?"

The man just smirked with satisfaction, and now everyone was looking at him.

"Travis, you're so lucky to have her; you'll make a lot of money with this beauty," he said as if I wasn't there, "The girls will die to be her, and the parents will love to see her. You could make her a real lolita."

I felt my stomach roll at that, but I still held my gaze, imagining how out of nowhere a meteorite came out and crushed his empty head.

But that wasn't the worst of all, because then he mentioned the problem that had been in my head every night for the last month.

"I bet you'll make a lot of money in Europe."

I sighed with pain.

There were things Katya and I hadn't talked about. She had her secrets and I had mines, but honestly, I had been around this since I found out.

Kim was the first to know and told me as soon as possible, maybe too soon, but she didn't manage to ruin my stay in LA with Katya. And I know that the girl's intentions were good because she was excited to travel and meet everything, but that just destroyed me.

Travis wanted to do a very long tour in Europe.

And that meant leaving Katya and my family behind again.

I didn't even want to think about it, I was terrified by the idea of leaving everything behind because maybe there were second chances, but I had never heard of a third. I didn't want to stop seeing Sam and Lasky after fighting to get them back and definitely didn't want to be far away from Katya.

Katya with her lips red like cherries and blue eyes brighter than the sky.

"I'm sure of that; she's the new star of my company," Travis replied, and for the first time in weeks, I could see a smile on her face. "but first we have to renew her contract as soon as possible, only then she will be able to travel and finally start recording the next albums."

Not signing was my only option, but it involved a lot of complicated things that I didn't even want to imagine.

One of those complicated things was my mother's opinion.