viii. bruises

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ─── bruises

inference to abuse, talking about injury

𝕬nd her soul began to settle, melding with his

"Thank you, Hermes." Delia smiled, as the god set her back down on the island shore. He nodded, grinning as she leant against the side of her staff. "Thanks for taking me there. I had not been there in a long time."

"I'm glad," He replied, making sure that she had everything. "I thought it might make you smile."

"It did." He grinned, as she looked up at the midnight stars as he did, before the god sighed. 

"I need to be off. I'll see you when I next come to check in."

He turned around, his wings fluttering as he prepared to take off once more.

"Oh, Hermes." The god turned back around, as Delia rested her hand on his shoulder and pressed a light kiss to the side of his cheek. "Thank you, once again."

She turned away before he could catch a full glimpse of the blush that was dusting her cheeks, taking a moment to shake off the shock and stupor that the small kiss had put him into, as a large grin formed on his face.

"I'll see you soon, Delia!" He shot off again, as Delia hurried back to the house, entering through the kitchen so that she could place the flowers into a glass of water, and place it next to the others that Hermes had brought her.

"Did you have fun?"

"Di Immortals, Leto," Delia placed a hand to her heart, that was beating out of control, spinning around to look at the auburn haired woman, who was sat in the corner eating grapes. "Don't do that to me!"

"I did not know you were so jumpy." She smiled, before standing up. "But you didn't answer my question, did you have a good time with Hermes?"

"What's it to you?"

"Your love life is a lot more amusing that mine is." Delia shot a glare at the woman over her shoulder. "Come on, just tell me a little of it! Please, you two are so adorably cute and I need to know more."

"Nothing happened, alright?" Delia could feel the flush forming on her cheeks, even as she said those words. "We just went to some gardens, he gave me some flowers and then we came back."

"And?"

"And what? Nothing else happened." She put the flowers down, before grabbing her staff and stalking off towards her room, with Leto following behind. 

"The blush on your face says differently." Leto sung, as Delia growled. "Tell me, Delia, please."

"Fine, I kissed him on the cheek," Leto squealed as Delia began to protest the matter. "It was barely a peck."