xi. reconciliation

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ─── reconciliation

𝕬nd only one could keep it for eternity...

Hermes looked ethereal in the morning sun and Delia grinned as she watched the man sit on the table, licking all remnants of cake mixture from the bowl in front of him. The sun hit his hair, highlighting the golden strands that seemed to run through it like threads of corn, his legs pulled up beneath him.

"You will make yourself sick." He barely moved a muscle, as Delia placed the cakes into the wood oven and turned back to the god. Cocking an eyebrow, she waited for him to acknowledge her. "Do you not want to save a little room for the baked cakes?"

"I will make room," Hermes replied, smiling at her gently as his eyes lit up. "I will be able to eat everything, do not worry. It is just something about your cooking. I am addicted to it."

Delia rolled her eyes, before snatching the bowl from his hand and beginning to carefully wash it as Hermes wrinkled his nose in annoyance at her gesture. She heard his feet pad over, before he appeared beside her shoulder to glare down at her, an arm snaking around her waist. She giggled at the motion.

"I was not done eating that." Delia shrugged, a smile still on her face as she looked up at the taller god. His face was contorted into a pout, huffing in annoyance.

"I needed to clean it," He huffed, before a throat clearing from behind them caused the pair to spin around. Leto stood in the doorway to the kitchen, a hand resting on her bump as Hermes looked between them.

"I will leave you to talk and see you in a little bit," Hermes murmured, pressing a small kiss to Delia's forehead as he rushed to leave the kitchen and give the two women some space. He knew that this was not something that he had to be involved in.

"You two seem closer." Delia dried her hands on the apron of her dress, before looking at Leto with tired eyes. She did not wish to argue with the pregnant woman, in fact she would much prefer to sweep it all under the rug and pretend this entire event had never existed. "I am sorry, Delia."

"It is fine."

"No, it is not," Leto replied, reaching over to touch the other goddess' hands, as Delia looked up at her. "I should have trusted that you knew better than I did, and that you were only looking out for me. I was wrong and I never should have stood up for that man. I hurt you and I apologise, truly. I will be apologising for all eternity."

"Thank you" Delia nodded her head at the words, looking up at her and smiling gently. "You realized and that is what mattered. I did not wish for you to continue without knowing. It would not have been good for you or the children."

"All I can do is thank you for telling me and apologise for my stupidity." Leto flung herself onto Delia, as the girl chuckled, hugging the Titaness back. "I thought you were going to throw me off of the island."