Ch 3 Mental Slaps & UGH

SURPRISE!! Hey guys its meeee!!

This chapter has a dedication. This person is so awesome I'm starting to think my best friend made an account and changed her name. She's freaking HILARIOUS. and I chat with her all the time now cos she's so much fun to talk to. She's awesome and as she would say 'chill' LADIES AND PROB NO GENTLEMEN!! I HEREBY PRESENT YOU WITH THE ONE AND ONLY....PURPLESMURFXX!!!!

Elise inspires me to keep writing which I can't possibly thank her enough times for. Not to mention her story is so amazing with an amazayn plot!

*Please go read her fanfic More than a Memory!! It's a 1D fanfic and most definitely worth reading!! It would mean so much to me and a lot to her. It deserves way more reads.

(Jenn's POV)

Where is she?! Zayn dragged Madison off, nearly 20 minutes ago! Not to mention my best friend went off crying. I wanted to go find her so bad, but I held myself back. Something's going on between those two, and no one has suggested texting them, due to whatever they might be doing in there.

If I wasn't sitting in the car, I'd be pacing. So I instead, I wring my hands, while my knee is going like a jackhammer. We waited in the restaurant for some time, before deciding to wait in the car.

I felt really bad for her, first all the questions during lunch, and then those stupid fans.

The truth is, she's not only traveling for the sake of getting out and seeing the world. It's gotten so bad at home, what with her sister and yet another asshole of a boyfriend. After the one when she was 15, I'd think the next one would turn out better, but was possibly worse. First a bet, then just using her...I just can't wait for her prince to come along.

Or maybe she's already found him, I think, as I remember who she's with right now.

But what about my prince? This depresses me, as I always fall for the ones I can't have. I glance over at Harry and sigh. He looks up from his phone and gives me a reassuring smile. I smile back weakly.

"She'll be fine love." He tells me, giving my knee a squeeze.

If only I believed him.

(Harry's POV)

It hurts me seeing her so upset. I hear her sighing and look up from playing Temple Run. That game never failed to distract me from my problems. I try to give her a reassuring smile, but inside I'm worried too.

It sucked being famous sometimes. I've met plenty of amazing people that have stopped contacting me, due to the hate they'd receive, simply knowing me.

A faint smile comes across her lips as if trying to believe my words as I say,

"She'll be fine love."

Some people just weren't cut out to handling hate. Of course this shouldn't be a problem in the first place. If we have friends, then that means we LIKE those people. By hurting them, they're hurting us. But some people are just too blind to see that though.

I wonder if Jenn is strong enough, I think, sneaking a peek at her. She's still slumped, staring out the window, a blank look in her eyes.

She's a really pretty girl actually. A wave of blond hair and thick bangs resting right above her eyes. You don't see many green eyes these days, mainly the reason why people compliment my eyes so much. In my opinion, her eyes are much nicer than mine. More of a sparkle to them. Except at this time, they're looking pretty dull.

She seems really protective of her friend. I'd seen them exchanging looks after we'd picked the restaurant. And while we were questioning her, she'd seemed pretty uncomfortable with those particular questions. There must've been a reason for her reactions. People don't only compliment my emerald eyes, but the way I observe things. And I've observed that something's going on between Zayn and Maddie.

When they met, she was all red in the face and blushing. Then they seemed at war. Now, they're probably standing in the bathroom having a moment.

Does Zayn like Maddie? He isn't acting like it. But it sure seems Maddie likes Zayn. I contemplate this for awhile, that is, before I realize the real question.

Do I like Jenn. And does Jenn like me. THOSE are the questions I should be asking myself right now.

She's not what I would usually call my type. For one thing, she's my age. There's no 'older woman' thing there. And she doesn't seem like much of a challenge. Around Maddie, she's been strong. But when coupley things are mentioned about us, she's completely vulnerable. I don't really know ANYTHING about her though. We've only been friends for like, a week before Maddie showed up. But maybe, if we were in a relationship, she'd be easy around me and not embarrassed when people make stupid comments.

I mentally slap myself. What was I thinking? I don't even know if she likes me as more than a friend yet! I still haven't figured out if I like HER.

UGH 

(Maddie's POV)

I wanted to kiss him so bad.

I'd taken my head off his chest long ago, and had been looking in his eyes ever since. Ugh, they were so beautiful. I could stare into his eyes all day, if he'd let me. And those lips...so full, so plump, so red. So kissable.

I was now almost positive I'd fallen for him. But I can't! I can't fall in love with an international popstar! I know that's so cliché, but really!

The fans obviously hate me and I can't be the reason the boys start losing fans. Judging from what happened in there, I'm not cut out to overpower stupid teenaged girls opinions. Thankfully I don't have twitter so that won't be a problem.

There's one other reason though.

(Zayn's POV) YAY ITS FINALLY HERE!

Protection. That's how I felt about Madison. I felt like it was my job to protect her from the fans. And holding her in my arms like that. Well that felt exactly right.

It made me so angry, those fans. But as soon as I saw Maddie crying...well I melted. My heart broke in two, seeing her like that. And that's when I decided that she needed protection.

I had been teasing her before, and now I was a dragon protecting the princess. Which describes her perfectly.

I kiss the top of her head in a brotherly way.

"How ya holding up?" I ask softly. She just mumbles into my shirt. "I can't hear you." I tell her, laughing lightly.

"I just said thank you." She says, finally coming up from her visit with my shirt. "For being there for me."

Honey I will always be there for you.

(A/N) no I did not forget the quotation marks he's just thinking that)

************************************ 

JUST TO BE CLEAR Zayn does not love Maddie back. Sry u Zaddie shippers.

QUESTION: Do you guys like my chapter titles? I try to make them funny and confuse u a bit before u've read the chapter and then clue in when u get to that certain part.

I feel bad cos this chapter wasn't very good except maybe Harry's POV. Not to mention it was freaking SHORT. But gimme a break its two thirty in the morning.

GO READ More than a Memory by @purplesmurfxx

It's seriously amazayn. ITS A 1D FANFIC

I HOPE THIS SUCKY CHAPTER DIDN'T RUIN UR GOOD MOOD

unless u were already unhappy...

THANKS FOR READING DARLINGS!

COMMENT VOTE FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Anna xx