Part 3

Before leaving for the day Bob(the boss) handed Alex $179 for this weeks payment, it was short by at least $20, but Alex knew better than to complain, Chad had left at 11 leaving Alex to close the store, after cleaning up and shutting off the lights Alex locked up the store and begun his walk home, the night was colder than usual, probably in the 20's, Alex walked for around 5 minutes when he came upon a couple of tall apartments, as he walked he saw Sam far in the distance, she waved at him and he waved back.

A hand reached out from the ally way in between the two buildings, grabbing Alex's shoulder and pulling him in with immense force. "GIVE ME EVERYTHING YOU HAVE," Said a man with a hoodie over his head, Alex knew if he did that, he would lose his apartment, he was already 2 months late, "I don't have anything," Alex said with a shaky voice, "DONT FUCKING LIE TO ME, I know you just got paid" The man screeched, then in the blink of an eye Alex felt something wet run down his stomach, he looked down, the man had stabbed him... Alex couldn't believe it, it didn't even hurt it just felt warm and wet, then the hooded man, stabbed Alex again, Alex collapsed he felt cold, so cold, but couldn't move his arms enough to cover himself "am I dying?" Alex thought.

Then the sound of a stampede came through the ally way, and with an ear, piercing crunch stoped in place of the hoodie man, Alex could barely see, but what he heard made him cry. "ALEX, ALEX, DONT WORRY EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OK, HOLD ON, DONT FALL ASLEEP" it was her, it was Samantha, Alex closed his eyes knowing he was in good hands, then everything went black.

"Mom, where is Dad going?" The boy said, "He's just going to the store, it's ok he will be back... right?" the woman said with a hint of unsureness.

"Mom, I'm hungry!" the boy said with a voice of pain, "SHUT UP, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT HE LEFT," the woman said with fury spiling from her words, 'SMACK' "mOm, tHaT Hurt," the boy said holding back tears with his hand over his face"good" the woman spat.

"Mom, can I have a piece of bread?" the boy questioned, "I already told you no, you already had one today, we need to save it!" the woman snapped. "oh... ok" the boy whimpered

"Mom, please stop drinking, you're drunk" the boy pleaded, "DONT TELL ME WHEN IM DRUNK, I KNOW WHEN IM DRUNK, YOU'RE DRUNK!" she hissed dropping the empty bottle on the ground grabbing a new one.

"Mom, are you alright?" the boy questioned "yeah I'm fine just don't feel good," she said "ok tell me if you need anything," the boy said, "Why don't you hate me!" the woman questioned with regret in her voice, "I could never hate you, I might not like you some times but I will never hate you because you're my mom," the boy said with all his heart in his words.

"Mom, someone gave me a dollar!" the boy said with glee in his voice "Go buy yourself something to eat, here are 3 more dollars," the women said in between coughs, "what about you Mom?" the boy said with growing concern "it's ok I ate yesterday, I can go a few days without eating" the women reassured, "oK mOm" the boy sniffled.

"Mom, today was bagged lunch day, I got 3 more bags from my friends," the boy said, "Thank you Alex your such a good person, even though I treated YoU liKe tRAsh WheN YOU were YouNgER" Alex's mother wailed, "Its ok mom, that's the past" Alex reassured.

"Mom, I'm home!" Alex yelled, "Mom?" Alex questioned, "MOM ARE YOU OK, WHY ARE YOU ON THE FLOOR!" Alex yelled. "I'm sorry... you had to see me like this... I just wish I could have seen you grow up till at least 18" the woman said.

"cause of death was stage 4 lung cancer, I'm honestly surprised she held on as long as she did," the Doctor said "Mom... I'm sorry... I couldn't protect... you" Alex wailed, "Please rest in peace"

"Doctor is there anything you can do?" Alex questioned "No I'm sorry, the malnutrition has stunted your growth too severely, there is nothing we can do," the doctor said.

As Alex began to regain conciseness he's felt the soft sheets on and under him, he heard consistent beeps, and there was a pain in his lower abdomen, he slowly opened his eyes  he saw a foam-like material on the ceiling and white walls, as he sat up the pain in his abdomen began to worsen, until it was unbribable, so he just laid back down with a 'flop'

"Alex? You're finally awake" a woman cooed "How are you feeling?" she said with concern, that voice could be only one person, It was Sam. "I'm in a little pain but what happened?" Alex questioned, "you don't remember? you were stabbed twice by a guy trying to rob you" Sam said with concern in her voice, "So I was stabbed, and now I'm homeless, the perfect combination" Alex said with sarcasm, "what are..." sam was interrupted, "Hello sir, we would like to ask you some questions if that's alright?" said a police officer "uh... Yeah... sure" Alex stuttered, "thank you, we have apprehended the man responsible for it but he just keeps telling us that 'They' told him to, we weren't sure if you knew who 'they' is or are and or if you notes anything unusual about his behavior during the robbery" the officer questioned "um... I have no idea who but he knew that I got paid today, and that doesn't make sense because I get paid on a different day from the other workers" Alex stated, "ok, but why is it that you get paid on a different day?" the officer questioned already knowing the answer "I work under the table" Alex said with his head down in shame "Why is that" "I needed the money and no one would hire me because I'm an Unlucky, so my boss offered to hire me at $5 an hour" Alex said in shame "ALEX WHY WOULD YOU TAKE AN OFFER LIKE THAT" Sam screened "I had no choice, I needed to pay rent, and I still couldn't" Alex stated, "ok we will look into how he knew you got paid, but if I catch you going back there to work we will throw you in jail for tax fraud" the officer said sternly, then walking out.