Chapter 5

[EDITED]

have a nice day peeps

☼ Katie Queen of Tennessee - The Apache Relay ☼

BROOKLYNS POV

'SCREECH! BAM!'

I groaned into my pillow and draped my duvet over my head.

'BONK! BAM! BAM!'

When will this nightmare end? I squirmed in my bed. My limbs feel heavy and unresponsive - reluctant to move. I poked my head out from my blanket and slowly opened my eyes. Instead of the joyful appreciation of a sunny morning, all I felt was apprehension: shards of glass were poking the backs of my eyeballs. I quickly cocooned back into my bed with my pillow on top of my head, hoping it would block the banging.

'BANG! BAM! BAM!'

Oh my fudgesocks -

"AHHHHH!" I screamed out of frustration and jumped out of the bed. I slipped on my slippers and stomped towards the kitchen.

"Stop banging!"

'BAM"

"Stop it please!"

'BAM! BAM!'

"Please stop banging! PLEASE STOP IT!"

The noise stopped just as I stopped outside the kitchen. My sister, Jess, was standing by the sink with her back towards me.

"Jess! What are you doing?!" I strode over to see what in the world she was doing.

She sighed before turning around and gave me a sardonic smile. "If only last night, while I was in the midst of cooking pasta, I didn't have to take care of a drunken slug who was vomiting everywhere -" She picked back up the pot and scrapped it with a spoon. "- this pot wouldn't be burnt -"

I cringed at the screeching sound and quickly grabbed her hands, stopping them. "Jess," I reasoned and placed the pot far away from her. "All the drinks were free. And weren't you the one who always says to never waste free things?!"

She huffed and took off her gloves. "That depends on the situation, okay? If it's like a free meal, where you eat it and you get diarrhea... and then you have to spend money to see the doctor: that is called being an idiot.

"But if it's free drinks and where you keep drinking until the next day, causes a hangover, you're then unable to go to work - " she smacked me on the head.

"Ow," I mumbled and rubbed where she had hit.

"- THAT IS CALLED BEING AN ABSOLUTE FUCKING IDIOT!! How are we even related?" she breathed out forcefully and dragged me to the stools that surround the island in our kitchen.

I sat down and stared at the pictures on the fridge. Jess stood thoughtfully for a good few second before sitting beside me. She took a glance at me from the corner of her eyes before sighing. "So what's wrong with you and Michael?"

I turned my head away as I heard his name slip past my sister's lips.

"Evil called me yesterday and told me what happened. You guys never fought before, right?" she continued. "Why break up just like that then?"

I thought back to that brunette under Michael's arms - that Louis Vuitton purse and the Saint Laurent. I scoffed.

"He met a rich family's girl." I got up from my seat and went to the cabinet to get a glass. "The girl's father wants to give him an estate of some sort. If it were you, who would you choose?"