Chapter 4

[not edited, so many mistakes and its like 2 am]

All Of The Stars - Ed Sheeran

Brooklyn's POV

"Brook? What did the boss tell you? You guys were talking for such a long time."

The cool air whips my hair in my face. I welcome the feeling, hoping it will cool the burning inside of me.

Michael had been playing me for a whole year, and I managed to be so clueless that I even failed to doubt those missed calls and everything. And just an hour ago, I also happen to get scolded by that egotistical guy with shortly having the whole restaurant think that I'm a lesbian.

"Did it have something to do with us doing that in front of the customers?" Evie yelled past the wind. She was sitting behind me with her hand around my stomach. I swerved as I changed lanes, trying not to crash my scooter into the car.

"He fired me!" My hair was stuck to my face; I was crying.

"What?" Evie cried and punched my shoulder. "Stop the bike! Stop the bike!"

I quickly wiped my eyes before stopping on the side of the road. I wasn't thinking straight anyways; memories kept flashing before my eyes.

She got off and walked infront of the bike, with her helmet tuckedunder her arms, "It's all my fault. I shouldn't have used you to get rid of that disgusting pig," Evie continued and looked at the ground remorseful. "Don't worry. I'll tell him that he should fire me instead."

I shook my head and bawled. "It's not because of that that." I stuck my hand into my overall jeans and took out the piece of paper. "It's because of this," I slapped it into her hand.

"He said that a customer complained about me. That my service wasn't up to par. He said that that person was his interior designer's friend. He said he was an important person." I took a deep breath and wipped away the tears. "He said that I ruined his whole reputation!"

Evie gave me a pitiful face before uncrumpling the piece of paper and reading it, "Up scale's restaurant's waitress was undeniably stupid. Waitress #4, not only was she not paying attention, her vocabulary was even worse than a primary school student." She huffed and continued reading; "Please never hire any of these low-class superficial whores to test the customers' patience anymore."

Wait.

"It says that I am superficial?"

She gave me a concerned look but nevertheless, slowly nodded.

I smiled inwardly and thought of the brown haired hottie, "Then that means he thinks that I'm cute." I giggled into my hands but Evie slapped me on the head.

"Is that what you only got?" she yelled and reminded me. "He got you fired!"

"Miss," he started. "With employees like you, being slow and careless, even with the good food wouldn't bring any more customers!"

"You know, such a big restaurant is being ruined because of you," he continued as I held my head down.

I came to realization and started sobbing again, "Oh yeah! I got fired! What should I do? What should I ..." I placed my head on my arm and silently cried.

Evie stood there. "But you are so weird," she started. "You were dumped by a guy and you weren't this sad. And when you lose your job, you cry like James Franco when he grieves over his cats."

I looked up and gave her a sarcastic smile, "Hey! If I get dumped, I can slash someone, but if I get fired, ill be the one who gets slashed!" Evie gave me a stupid smile." It's not like you don't know my sister! I'm going to get killed! It wasn't easy for me to find this job and I just worked for half a year. And I just got a $10 dollar raise not that long ago!" I yelled.