regret

warning: angst

Kou regretted it.

He regretted that he made that promise. He should be able to make that come true. Why can't he save her?

He promise to save Nene, protect Nene at all costs. No matter what.

Kou looked down, tears started to flow down his face. Rain started to pour down as the sky was getting darker and darker.

He's afraid.

Afraid that Nene might hate him because he broke the promise.

It was....unusual for him.

He never broke any promises, but why did he broke a promise that is very precious for him to make it come true?

Kou was loss at words. He can only look down at the wet pavement below him. His uniform getting soaked.

He lost Mitsuba.

And now he lost Nene.

Was the world always this cruel?

Hanako was nowhere to be seen after Nene's death and the other supernaturals. It seems that it affected Nene's death that the apparitions are gone now.

— :,) —

Kou woke up, eyelids slowly opening as the loud, familiar sound was coming from his phone. It was just his alarm going off, waking him so that he could get ready for school.

But..he didn't have the motivation for that.

What's the point?

He can never go to school without Nene's smile.

"Kou? Can I come in?" His brother, Teru, asked. Kou didn't say anything but to just stare at the ceiling above him. Eyes swollen from crying last night.

Teru opened the door, a worried look was visible on his face. He sat down on Kou's bed and looked around his room.

"You're still sad about Yashiro-san's death huh?" Teru looked at his brother with a sad look. "It's been 2 years Kou, you need to move on."

Kou just looked away from him, arms covering his swollen eyes. "I can't, Nii-chan. I just....love her so much it hurts."

Teru sighed and fidgeted his fingers. "I guess love is strong huh?" He looked at his brother again and smiled. "You're very loyal Kou." And with that, he left.

Kou's dull eyes stared at the ceiling again until he pulled something out from his pillow.

A bracelet.

A special bracelet that Nene gave it to him.

"Here, Kou-kun! A bracelet I made it for you last night! It's kind of a friendship bracelet incase we part ways and can never see each other again. Whatever it costs, don't forget our friendship alright Kou-kun?" Nene smiled.

"Yup! I'll never forget our friendship Senpai! I'll keep this forever!"

Kou smiled and kiss the bracelet, even if it was just an object. It was a very very special gift to him. And he'll never let it go.

———

love u too readers

just to cheer u up, u remember that spin off right? lol when kou got into his bad side? let's remember that time when he calls teru an idiot, teru just.... got weak

keep that in mind, teru's weakness is kou

anyways, bye

love u