3AM Drinking pt.3 (final part)

Colby sped down the freeway, trying to trim the 2 hour drive to as short as possible. Right now, Sam was waiting on a bench, alone, sad, tired.
   He knows how it feels to just want go home and sleep for days. At least Colby had fans waiting for him, but right now the fans have no idea anything even happened to Sam. Colby should have told them but that was the last thing on his mind. He just wanted to get Sam home and make sure he was okay.

   Luckily, there was almost no traffic the rest of the way and it only took Colby another 30 minutes to get there. He pulled up to the gate and talked to the security who cleared him to go in. His heart started racing, and his adrenaline was pumping as he pulled up and saw Sam sitting on a bench with the most exhausted and sad expression he's ever seen. Colby jumped out of the car and walked over to Sam as he stood up.
   "Hey man." Sam looked up. "Oh my god." He had bruises all over his arm, a black eye, and three long scratches down his neck. "The cop said you were a little scratched up but he didn't mention anything about bruises all over your face, are you okay?" He lifted Sam's chin to look at him.
   Out of nowhere, Sam broke down. He hunched over, obviously embarrassed, and quietly sobbed into his hands.
   "Hey. Come here." Colby pulled him into a hug. "You're okay."
   Sam continued to silently cry, but Colby could feel his shoulders shake as he let out what he had probably been holding in for so long. "I'm so sorry." Sam whispered.
   "You have nothing to be sorry for. We all screw up." The two pulled away from the hug and Sam wiped his nose with his t-shirt. "You ready?" Sam nodded so Colby led them to the car and drove them through the exit.
   "How was it." Colby asked.
   "Absolutely miserable."
   "Yeah, I bet."
   "Yeah you know exactly what I mean."
   "Well, I doubt mine was nearly as bad as yours."
   "I don't think so, I wasn't wearing a Justin Bieber shirt." Sam joked.
   Colby chuckled. "You know what I mean smart-ass. I had you at least for a couple hours, and I knew that you were working hard to get me out."
   "I guess that's true. Having a hangover while in there was torture."
   "Oh my god I didn't even think about that. Did you wake up like so confused."
   "I didn't sleep, couldn't."
   "Not even a blink?"
   Sam shook his head. "The alcohol eventually wore off, I realized what I did and where I was, started having a panic attack, then got yelled at by a deputy and continued to silently have a panic attack for another 30 minutes." Sam said. "It was hell."
   "I'm so sorry man."
   "It's no ones fault but mine."
   The two fell into a minute of silence.
   "You owe me fifty thousand dollars by the way." Colby commented.
   "No fucking way. Was it really that much?"
   "Yep." Colby laughed.
   "I am so sorry. I'll Venmo you right now." Sam tried to pull out his phone but Colby stopped him.
   "You can't Venmo me fifty thousand dollars!"
   "Why?"
   "Because you could get hacked or something!" Colby exclaimed. "We should just wait for court anyways, maybe we'll get the money back."
   "I doubt that."
   "You never know." Colby shrugged.

   Eventually, Sam fell asleep and Colby drove the rest of the way in silence. This time he did get stuck in traffic, but he didn't mind because it gave Sam more time to sleep. He looked at him as he slept and examined the dark circles under his eyes and pale face. He didn't look like he ate. Knowing what the food was like, Colby didn't blame him.

   As the two walked into the house and started to go their separate ways, Colby stopped Sam.
   "You should call Katrina."
   "Why in hell would I do that."
    "She is so worried about you, Sam. At least let her know you're alive. Please."
    Sam nodded and went to his room carrying the Wendy's they stopped for on the way. Colby's burger was in there but he didn't want to chase after him for it.

   In the next month, court came around and fortunately Sam was only sentenced to 200 hours of community service and given a fine. He also paid Colby back almost immediately which wasn't surprising. Sam is good at things like that. The constant apologies and expressions of gratitudes towards Colby from Sam which were getting annoying finally stopped. But, he felt like he couldn't thank Colby enough.
   Sam also ended up forgiving Katrina and taking her back. Colby was disappointed at first, but then realized he wasn't sure Sam would have gotten better without her. He didn't want to watch him fall into a hole again, but he wishes the only way to avoid that wasn't getting back together with a cheater.
   But again, it's none of his business and as long as Sam is happy, Colby is happy.

The end.

Thank you all for the reads! I can't believe people actually find my stories interesting! You all are appreciated so much, and I'm here if anyone ever needs someone to talk to, or if you just need a friend!  ◡̈