3AM drinking

Colby jumped awake, hearing a loud crash from Sams room. It took him a moment to realize that it wasn't a dream, and that it actually happened.
He grabbed his phone checking the time. 1 AM. What the hell was Sam doing up at 1 AM, they have a flight at 5 tomorrow. He decided to go make sure he's okay, so he crawled out of bed and threw his hoodie on.
He approached Sams door quietly and stood for a second outside trying to eavesdrop on whatever was happening on the other side. He heard muffled sniffles, and Sam quietly cursing to himself. Colby thought he could be hurt, so he finally knocked. "Sam? Are you okay?"
He could hear Sam clear his throat and quickly try to gather himself. "Ye-yeah I'm alright. Just got some bad news is all."
"Can I come in?" Colby asked, he didn't wait for a reply though, because by the time Sam tried to say he'd prefer he didn't, Colby was walking through the door. Sam turned away from him and wiped his tears. "What's wrong?"
"Uh...Kat and I broke up." He finally managed to get out.
   Colby did not expect that. "What? Why?"
   Sam didn't answer right away. He was biting he's lip and looking up to the ceiling with his hands on his hips, trying to prevent the tears in his eyes from falling. "She slept with someone."
   This was like a punch to the gut for Colby. Sam had this happen to him twice now, and he was filled with anger for his best friend. He can't imagine the pain Sam was going through. "I am so sorry Sam."
   "4 years. 4 years down the drain like that." He snapped his fingers.
   "I know, that sucks so much." Colby wasn't exactly sure what to say.
   Sam took a deep breath again and wiped his face. "If you don't mind, I'd kinda rather be alone right now."
   "Of course. I totally get it. If you need me I'm always here for you." Colby said.
   "Thank you."
   Colby waited a second. "...can I hug you?"
  Sam laughed. "Yeah, you can hug me."
They embraced each other for a moment, something Colby hadn't realized Sam really needed. They don't hug often, and when they do usually it's in a joking way. But this time it was full of nothing but care for one another.
Sam pulled away and Colby walked back to his room. He knew that Sam wouldn't try to do anything stupid, but he figured he should stay up and listen anyways.

Colby walked down to the kitchen around 3 am to grab a snack, but instead found Sam playing darts all by himself. "Sam?"
"Colbayyyy! Wassup dude wannaplaydarts?" Sam slurred his words, obviously drunk.
"Are you drunk?" Colby asked.
"Just a little tipsy, no big deal." Sam said, picking up his drink and taking a sip.
"Um, yes big deal we have to film tomorrow." Colby took the drink out of Sam's hand and dumped it down the drain.
"What the fuck that was my drink!" Sam shouted.
"Dude shut the fuck up you're gonna wake Corey and Jake up." Colby shushed him.
"Who cares? Let's partayyyyyyy!" Sam picked another drink out of the fridge and hurried away before Colby could take it. He ran to Corey's room and started banging on the door. "Corey wake up it's time to have fun!"
"Sam, STOP." Colby pulled him away and tried to calm him down. "You're gonna hate yourself for this when we have to wake up in literally 2 hours."
"What the hell is going on?" Corey asked walking out of his room with bed head.
"Coreyyyyy!" Sam yelled walking over to him for a hug.
"He's drunk." Colby told him.
"Sup Sam?" Corey laughed hugging him back, it's very hard to irritate him.
"I wanna party!" Sam yelled. Colby and Corey simultaneously shushed him, but Corey did it with a laugh. "Dude, Corey your hair looks like a rats nest." Sam said, walking away into the kitchen. This did get Colby to laugh.
Jake walked out of his room over to the railing above them. "What's happening?"
"Sam is drunk." Colby said looking up at him.
"Why?" Jake asked.
"It's a long story."
"Jakeyyyyyy!" Sam yelled from the kitchen.
"What is he doing?" Jake laughed.
"Making...pizza." Colby said shaking his head.
"Aren't you guys filming tomorrow?" Jake asked walking down the stairs.
"Yeah but I might call my manager and tell her to reschedule everything. He's going to be hungover as fuck."
The three of them looked over to Sam who was putting a frozen pizza in the oven with the plastic wrap still on. "Sam, you have to take the wrapping off first." Jake reminded him.
"Oh..." Sam put the pizza back on the counter and began taking the wrap off.
"I guess I'll just text her now and warn her we might have to postpone the flight depending how he feels in the morning." Colby sighed.
"Good idea... well I'm going to go back to bed." Corey said, walking back to his room.
"Me too." Jake added.
"Wait, you have to help me with him he's being crazy!" Colby begged.
"He will pass out here soon, don't worry." Jake said.
"Why is he even drunk alone at 3am on a Sunday night anyways?" Corey asked.
Colby cleared his throat. "Some shit went down a couple hours ago... he got some horrible news. He will probably tell you tomorrow, I don't wanna share something that's not my business." Colby explained.
"Damn... so it's that bad?" Corey questioned and Colby answered with a nod. They all looked over to Sam again who was now trying to figure out how to use the timer on the microwave. "I'm still gonna go to bed." Corey said walking into his room. Colby turned around to try to get Jake to stay but he was already gone. He groaned and then walked over to Sam.
"Sam you set the timer for 20 hours not minutes." Colby laughed.
"Shit." Sam muttered.
"I got you." Colby said, fixing the problem. "Do you wanna talk?"
"About what?" Sam asked.
"Anything." Colby answered.
"I'm not the talkative type."
"I know but you are when you're drunk."
"It's just... I don't understand why. I did everything for her, Colby. Everything. The whole fucking cheesy Valentine's Day surprises, roses on our anniversary, learning how to deal with her shit, whatever is required in the handbook of being a boyfriend, I did it. And I did it right with no complaints. I loved her!" Sam ranted. "And she went and slept with her fucking manager. That means she had been feeling some type of way towards him for awhile. She goes and sees him weekly. He has a wife! He's like twice her age! That's disgusting!" Sam took a deep breath, realizing he had probably gone too far. "Sorry, I didn't mean to go off like that."
"No, let it all out." Colby said.
"I think I'm good, for now." Sam replied. "Thank you for caring though, it means a lot."
"Of course, always."
There was a couple minutes of awkward silence as the two just stared into space lost in thought.
"I'm just going to wait for the pizza to finish and then probably eat and go to bed. You look tired, you should go get some sleep." Sam said.
"How come a second ago you wanted to party and now you're all of a sudden calm?" Colby asked.
"I'm at the stage of drunk where usually I'd be calling an Uber desperately wanting to be in my bed."
"Ah, I completely understand that feeling." The two laughed and then returned to silence. "Do you promise not to do anything dumb if I leave?" Colby asked.
"I swear." Sam answered.
"Okay, goodnight buddy. I'm really sorry."
"Thanks, sleep tight." Sam waved at Colby as he walked away and to his room.
Colby was about to brush his teeth when he heard keys jangle and the front door open then close.
"Fuck"

Sorry this is so sloppy! I came up with it out of nowhere lol.
Also I love kat and I KNOW she would NEVER do anything like this. I make this up strictly for a story.
Thanks so much for the reads! I can't believe I hit 70, that's so insane to me. I'll try to update as frequently as I can ◡̈