3AM drinking pt.2

"Sam! You CANNOT drive drunk! Are you insane? Call me back RIGHT. NOW." Colby hung up from his 3rd voicemail in the past 20 minutes. Sam left abruptly with no explanation as to where he was going. He could get seriously hurt if he's driving drunk, or hurt someone else. Colby was furious. He decided to call Kat to see if he's at her house.
   "Colby?" Kat answered, with a raspy voice from sleep.
   The sudden reminder that she is the reason Sam left hit Colby, but he pushed the anger down and brought his focus back to finding Sam. "Is Sam there?"
   "No, is he not home?"
   "He just left and he's drunk. I think he's driving. I tried running out to catch him when I heard him leave but he was already gone." Colby explained.
   "So he's driving drunk?" She asked.
   No shit. "Yes. Do you know where he would go?"
   "I have no clue, but I have his location on, I'll probably be able to see where he is as long as he didn't block me." Kat said.
   "Okay great, check now." He instructed.
   There was a minute of silence as she did what she was told but then she said "Fuck. He's on the highway."
   "Shit. Where the hell is he going?"
   "I don't know."
   "I would go after him but what would I do if I caught him? Ram him of the road?" Colby remarked.
   "The only thing I could think to do is head to the highway and then once he gets to wherever he's going, go there."
   "Good idea." Colby said.
   "Alright, I'll leave now."
   "Absolutely not! Colby interrupted. "You are the last person he would want to see right now. I will go after him. Call me if anything changes." Colby instructed then abruptly hung up.

   "Come on Sam!" Colby said after hanging up from his 15th call in the past hour and a half. He was on the highway with no idea where to go when thankfully Katrina called him back.
   "He's at my managers house I'll send you the address. He's gonna beat the shit out of him." Katrina panicked.
   "Okay, I'm going as fast as I can." Colby hung up again and typed the address he was sent into google maps. He shouldn't be using his phone while driving but this was kinda an emergency.
   He got there in another 20 minutes but pulled up to see police lights in front of the house. "No no no no no no no no no." Colby said to himself. "What the fuck did you do!"
   He got out of his car and walked up to an officer writing in his notebook. "Excuse me officer can you tell me what's happening?"
   "There was a break in and assault at this house. Don't worry about it sir we have it under control." He reassured him but it didn't work.
   "Can you tell me who the person arrested was? I think it's my best friend." Colby asked.
   "I don't know his name."
   "Is he blonde and wearing a red hoodie?"
   "Yes."
   Colbys heart sunk. "I think that's him... is he drunk?"
   "I don't know, is he?" The officer questioned, looking away from his notebook at Colby with a serious expression.
   "Umm, not that I know of." Colby gulped.
   The officer sighed then turned to his colleague. "David, what's the suspects name?"
   "Samuel Gol...batch? Box?" I don't know how to say his last name.
   "Oh my god." Colby put his hands on his head filled head to toe with panic. "Is he hurt? What did he do?"
   "Samuel is fine, just a little bruised around his eye. He broke into this home and assaulted the owner. That's all I can tell you." The officer explained.
   "What can I do to get him out?"
   "Nothing, sir. He will have to figure it out on his own. Just wait for him to call you is all I would do. Now if you'll excuse me I have to get Mr.Goldbox down to the station." The officer walked away and got into his car.
   Colby looked around to try to see if he could spot Sam in any of the cars, which he was unsuccessful with. He eventually got back into his car and took a few deep breaths. That's when he decided to call his manager. "Hey, I'm so sorry to bother you so early in the morning but we have a huge problem that I don't know how to deal with by myself."

The two ended up talking for almost an hour figuring out what to do. Colbys manager, Alissa, told Colby to wait until morning to try to bail Sam out because it will take a few hours to get him into the system. Long story short, all they could do for now was wait until they heard from Sam.
"Get some sleep Colby, I'll cancel your flights right now. He will be okay." She said before hanging up.
   Colby took a moment to get a grip. She's right, Sam is smart and responsible, he will be okay. But a boy like him in a prison full of murderers and abusers is a terrifying thought. Like Colby did when he was in jail, he will stick out like a sore thumb, maybe even more. Colby wishes he could tell him to stay in his cell, to grab a book and just hang out until he can get him out of there. Maybe Sam will run into the same guy Colby did, who can take care of him and make him feel safe.
   He can't do anything but hope.