Bad Idea pt.3

It's been 4 hours.
  4 hours and Sam still hasn't woken up.
  Colby was losing his mind, his leg bouncing up and down and his fingernails chewed as far down as they'd go. "I can't fucking do this anymore." He stood up quickly. "Jake can I borrow your car?"
   "Uh...yeah." Jake handed him the keys. "Where are you going?"
   "I'm gonna go smash that god damn Ouija board." He walked out of the room before anyone could think to follow him.

   Colby walked through the door and caught a glimpse of himself through the mirror in the living room. "Jesus christ." He mumbled. He had forgotten he was still in his pajama pants and t-shirt, his hair looked like he hadn't combed it in weeks, and his eyes were puffy from from crying. His face got hot, slightly embarrassed, but then he remembered that doctors had probably seen much worse.
   He walked into the bathroom and was caught off guard by the blood. He had forgotten about that. It looked much worse now that he could see it looking back. Why hadn't they called a damn ambulance right away.
   He should've called a fucking ambulance.
   Fighting back tears, he cleaned the blood on the sink through blurred vision. He began to brush his teeth, forcing his eyes away from the bloody toilet.
   Then, he walked back into his room changing into a better outfit and running a comb through his hair. He looked at his phone he had thrown on the bed. He hadn't checked it all day, except for when he called Sam's mom. Today is Sunday, they are meant to upload today. He knew the fans are probably upset.
He opened Twitter about to tweet that they won't be able to upload, when he noticed he had A LOT of DMs.
"Colby is everything okay?"
"Colby we are really worried, please say something."
"Is Sam okay? What's happening?"
He checked the trending page and saw that "Where's Sam" was #3. When he scrolled through it, his heart dropped.
There was a picture of him crying into Jake's arms all over the feed. "God dammit!" He whispered, laying back on the bed to think of what to do. Usually Sam would be the one to figure out how to deal with it. Even if drama didn't involve Sam, he was as the first one Colby went to for advice on how to handle his. Now, he can't exactly ask him.
He decided to record a Instagram story.
"Hey you all, I know you guys are really worried from the picture that was leaked. I did not intend for that to happen, so if you all could avoid spreading that picture around, that would be awesome." He paused. "Guys, Sam is hurt. He's in the hospital right now recovering. That's all I'm going to say for now, because it's not my decision to give too much info, but I will make him update you guys as soon as he wak- err... as soon as he's... able to. He will be okay, don't worry. Just keep him in your thoughts. Bye." He smiled and stopped recording. Without even rewatching the video, he posted it onto the Sam and Colby Instagram account and rubbed his eyes.
He felt so out of it.
None of this felt real, its like he was dreaming.
Suddenly, his phone started ringing. It was Jake. He immediately picked up the phone, a spark of hope that Sam was awake igniting in him. "Hello? Is he okay?"
"Colby..." Jake said. Something was wrong, he didn't sound like himself.
Colby gulped. "What." It came out like a whisper.
"Sam woke up. But he immediately started coughing blood again as soon as they took the tube out."
Colby said nothing. "They're gonna run some more tests and...doctor shit. You know? Just... come back please. I think he'd want you here."
"Okay." Colby said before hanging up the phone. He glanced up to his desk where there was a framed picture of him and Sam when they first started YouTube.
He's not gonna die. Colby knows there's no chance of him dying. He knows it, there's no fucking way he's gonna die from a cough. No way. But that didn't stop the worry and little doubt he had deep down in him.
He tried really hard to fight the tears, but eventually they won. He wiped them away almost before they even left his eyes, but they kept coming. "Stop! Fucking stop! He's gonna be fine you dumbass!" He yelled to himself.
Finally, he took a deep breath gathering himself and grabbed his belongings before walking out the door.

When he walked into Sam's hospital room, he found all the boys with either tears in their eyes, or eyes red from tears that almost fell. Corey looked at him like he'd just seen a ghost. "What the hell happened?" Colby asked.
"It was so bad dude." Corey said, putting his head into his hands trying to get the image of Sam completely miserable, coughing up blood and looking like he was about to die out of his head.
"What do you mean?" Colby asked, still confused.
"Sam, this time when he woke up it was the worst we've ever seen it. The doctors have no clue what's going on." Aaron explained.
"Did you smash the board?" Jake asked Colby.
Shit.
"Um..." Colby scratched his head. "I sorta forgot."
"Then what the hell did you do that took so long?" Jake questioned, slightly frustrated.
"Just...gathered myself. Tried to calm down. I'm sorry, okay?"
Jake sighed. "It's alright. Do you think that's like, what we have to do? Smash the Ouija board to 'free Sam'?" He put air quotes over the last part.
"That seems very unrealistic." Aaron said.
"They don't know what else is happening to him. It wouldn't hurt to try." Jake rebutdtaled.
"You're right. We should try, why not? I know it sounds silly but half the stuff we do is silly." Colby said, standing up ready to leave again.
Aaron scoffed, which slightly offended Colby but the argument wasn't worth it so he let it slide, and Corey said "just don't do it in the house please. I'll call you if he wakes up" before Jake and Colby left, ready to do whatever was needed for their best friend.

"I got it." Jake said, Ouija board in his hands getting back in the car.
"Where should we go?" Colby asked, pulling out of the driveway.
"The park has a fire pit, we could go there."
"Good idea." Colby nodded, turning down the road that leads to the park. "Do you think this is dumb?"
Jake took a moment to answer. "Yes, but it's worth a try."
"And it's better than sitting in that hospital room, watching him suffer. At least we're like, doing something to help." Colby look at Jake who nodded, and the rest of the drive was spent in silence.
They gathered their things and walked towards the fire pit right at sunset, perfect timing. There were a couple kids at the park, but the fire pit was far enough away that they wouldn't be able to see them.
Jake put the Ouija board neatly into the fire pit along with the candles and everything else he could see Sam had used, just in case. Colby got his lighter out. "Ready?" Jake nodded and Colby lit a piece of paper, using it to light the rest of the items.
   Soon, everything was on fire and burning quickly, Jake and Colby watched as the items were burnt to ash. "We should go buy sage and cleanse the house." Jake said, trying to break the awkward silence.
   Colby nodded. "I have some actually, don't ask why, but yeah that's a good idea." They we're both quiet for a minute. "Should we like...pray...or something?"
   Jake looked over at Colby and the two of them made eye contact for a moment. Jake couldn't stop the laugh that came out like a snort, sending them both into laughter. It felt great to finally smile again.

   After the items were completely burnt, Colby ran to his car and grabbed an old water bottle that they used to put out the fire. They both had their fingers crossed that they weren't going to somehow get haunted over this, but if it saves Sam it was worth it.
   The two of them got into the car and Colby drove away, heading to the house to sage it. Colbys phone then started ringing. It was Corey. They looked at each other with wide eyes as Colby answered. "Hello?"
   "He's awake, and he's fine."