chapter twenty-one

o21

o21. REAL LIFE x SOCIAL MEDIA
'now that i see you'

 REAL LIFE x SOCIAL MEDIA'now that i see you'

ISABELLE WAS NERVOUS TO GO OVER TO DYLAN'S.

in the months that she had known him, she had learned a lot about him. including that he was a great kisser and an even better fuck. okay, apart from all of the physically amazing things, he was hilariously funny, adorable, incredibly caring and loving, but what had her worried was that he was unpredictable. incredibly unpredictable.

he had been so adamant in their text messages that she was to go over to his place to celebrate, even though in her eyes there wasn't much that they should be celebrating. sure, republic records had contacted her and listened to her demos. sure they wanted her to attend an interview in a few days. but it was all things isabelle had been offered before, and each time she had gotten her hopes up and ended up with her soul crushed. it was exactly why she and dylan had met in the first place.

perhaps it was her anxiety talking, her self-deprecating tendencies getting the better of her like they usually did. but dylan was excited, and with excitement came high expectations. after too much rejection, isabelle knew better than to have high expectations for herself, to avoid getting disappointed again. but dylan? if he had high expectations of her, then she could disappoint him. which was the very last thing she wanted. or maybe, just maybe, he believed in her more than she could ever believe in herself. he saw her in a completely different way to how she viewed herself, it was weird and fucked with her head a bit. how much he seemed to genuinely care about her. from the night they first met in that club when they were strangers, to when he came over to her house at 1am because she called him while having a panic attack. to now, now that they were newly dating. he only seemed to care about her more and more, all isabelle knew was that he was something. he was too good to her. why did he care so much?

isabelle's tendencies to overthink controlled her mind daily, so it was probably a good thing that tonight she was going over to dylan's after all. or else she might have ended up thinking herself down into a deep, dark hole in her mind.

at six-pm, just as they had agreed, isabelle arrived at dylan's house after driving herself over there. she had to be a lot more cautious now, wear hoodies and sunglasses to hide her identity to hide from potential paparazzi. although isabelle's face wasn't yet widely recognised, there was definitely a chance for it and she was always advised to be cautious by dylan. it was also better for her own sanity: if she got bombarded by paparazzi out of nowhere, for the first time ever, it would send her anxiety into a spiral for sure.