chapter six

o6

o6. REAL LIFE x SOCIAL MEDIA
'coffee girl'

AFTER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS HAD PASSED, it was finally sunday

AFTER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS HAD PASSED, it was finally sunday. the day of isabelle and dylan's coffee date. the pair had shared only occasional text conversations and lingering glances whenever isabelle delivered her coffee to his trailer.

even though they hadn't seen each other all that much, isabelle hadn't stopped thinking. lyrics and melodies kept filling her head and she was suddenly hit with a brick of inspiration and ideas for music. it was an oddly overwhelming experience but she definitely appreciated it.

but today was a day off, a break from writing and a break from work to have a catch up with dylan and go out for coffee with him. she knew they had to be slightly more cautious than the regular two people since dylan was a celebrity, and even though isabelle wasn't, paparazzi would be always on their toes. especially seeing dylan with an unknown girl. the press would run wild with rumours.

so, isabelle hadn't dressed up too much — she chose a pair of light blue ripped skinny jeans and a white turtleneck top. she made sure to choose a coat with a hood as dylan had advised her to, in case they needed to hide from any prying eyes.

isabelle was just finishing up her makeup, checking herself in her phone camera when she heard a knock at the door. he was here. an absentminded smile curled onto her lips as she grabbed her bag, slinging it over her shoulder and giving her hair a quick fix before going to the door to answer it.

the smile on her lips widened when she revealed dylan standing there on the other side, his hands stuffed in the pockets of his pants.

"hi." the blonde said, her hand resting on the doorknob.

"hey, izzy. you ready to go?" he asked, and she nodded in response. stepping out of her apartment, she locked the door behind her and slipped her keys into her bag.

dylan led her outside to his car, opening the passenger door to allow isabelle in. she thanked him quietly and got in, pulling on her seatbelt while dylan got into the drivers' side.