4.07 It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester - part 1

(Third POV)

A baby is being fed some orange baby food by a man. The woman walks in and sets the pumpkin on the counter along with the grocery bag. "How was the store?" Luke asks. "Oh, madness." Mrs. Wallace says. "Everyone in town was stocking up." She says again. She then reaches over to the baby in the chair. "Hi, sweetie." She says.

She walks over to a cupboard above the counter and opens it to put the pile of candy away. "Did, uh, you get enough?" Luke asks, trying to take a candy from the pile. "Oh, hey, I had to arm wrestle Norma Bleaker for these." She says, making Luke frown. "Honey, she's 74." He counters.

"And a lot stronger than she looks." Mrs. Wallace says. Luke reaches for the candy to take a piece, but she swats his hand away. "Ah-ah-ah, remember last year? We ran out at 6:30." She says frowning. "It's just one piece." Luke says. He goes to reach for a piece again, and she swats his hand away again.

"Ah-ah-ah-ah, you can have as much as you want after Halloween." Mrs. Wallace says. "Who needs a bath? Huh? Huh?" she then asks, walking over to the baby. She lifts the baby out of the highchair. "Oh, there we go!" she says, smiling at the child in her arms. She then looks back at Luke. "You coming?" she asks.

"I'll uh, I'll be up in a minute." Luke says, nodding at her. "Okay." She says. After she leaves, Luke turns and opens the cupboard and gets a piece of candy. "Oh –" he says when he bites down on the candy and feels something sharp. He puts his fingers in his mouth, trying to grab at what was currently stuck in his gums.

He pulls out his fingers and there is blood on them. He reaches back in, moaning in pain as he pulls a double-sided razor free and takes it out of his mouth, blood coming out of the cut as he does. When he looks at it, he starts to gag, and grabs the countertop as he leans over and starts spitting blood. He spits out another razor blade and continues to spit blood and kneel over. Luke spits another razor blade and falls down onto the floor.

"Luke, what's taking you so long?" Mrs. Wallace asks. She walks back in holding the baby and sees him on the floor, blood starting to pool around his open mouth, and his eyes staring blankly. "Oh, my God. Oh, my God!" she screams, shielding her baby's face.

...

(Your POV)

"Now how many razor blades did they find?" I ask Mrs. Wallace. She sighs and responds nearly in tears. "Two on the floor, one in his stomach and one was stuck in his throat. He swallowed four of them. How is that even possible?" she asks confused.

She notices Dean looking around the front of the stove and in the oven door. "The candy was never in the oven." She then says. "We just have to be thorough, Mrs. Wallace." Dean says, eyeing me and Sam. "Did the police find any razors in the rest of the candy?" Sam then asks, pulling her focus away from Dean.

"No, I mean, I don't think so." She says frowning. "I just – I can't believe it. You hear urban legends about this stuff, but it actually happens?" she asks in disbelief. "More than you might imagine." I say sadly.

Dean emerges from the floor and shows Sam and me a hex bag. He then, behind Mrs. Wallace's back so she can't see, throws it at Sam. He then makes sure to keep her from seeing it. I sigh and looks at Mrs. Wallace.

"Mrs. Wallace, did Luke have any enemies?" I ask, making her look at me confused. "Enemies?" she asks in disbelief. "Anyone who might have held a grudge against him?" Sam asks. She eyes us both in disbelief. "What do you mean?" she asks again.