Twenty-Seven

Seokjin, Namjoon, and Hoseok left Taehyung's house. Jimin went off to somewhere as well and suggested for Jungkook to give the other two some private time, so Jungkook silently took his things and went off to an internet cafe.

The house was quiet and calm. Getting away from such drama put Yoongi at ease, but Taehyung was slumped back into his couch, chewing at his inner cheek.

"Hey." Yoongi crossed his legs on the couch as he turned to Taehyung. He only glanced back at Yoongi, but Yoongi reached for his hand as usual anyways. "You act like you killed my dog or something, Tae. I've gotten over the mark. I've gotten over demanding to know about it. If it makes you uncomfortable, then—"

"I don't mean to be so uncomfortable like this," Taehyung cut him off with a sigh. "It's just so many memories and I hate it. I didn't think I'd ever have to explain this to anyone, but here we are."

Yoongi frowned as Taehyung did. "Then you don't have to tell me anything."

"But I want to." Taehyung curled up into the couch, pulling his knees towards Yoongi and resting them back into the couch. They were now facing each other. Taehyung let his head fall into the couch as well. "I just need a minute to think, please."

That's what Yoongi gave him. They sat there for about ten minutes, Taehyung with his eyes closed and eyebrows scrunched together. He'd give Taehyung all the time in the world. But, he didn't understand why he needed such time. Isn't the mark a soulmate mark? Did Taehyung not want to meet his soulmate? Is there something wrong with that?

Taehyung's eyes fluttered open and Yoongi watched with curious eyes as he reached forward and grabbed onto Yoongi's shirt sleeve. He pulled the sleeve a little and leaned forward, looking at Yoongi's shoulder.

"It's gone."

Those words made Yoongi's head tilt and a frown made its way to his lips. The T is gone, so that means that he's not Taehyung's soulmate? Since when did the mark disappear? How had he not noticed that?

He watched as Taehyung leaned back to his original spot. "I put that mark there, you know," he said. Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head.

"How? I didn't know that."

Taehyung smiled weakly. "Do you want to know how I did it or why I did it?"

"Both. Why, first."

"Okay." Taehyung nodded to himself as he started fiddling with his fingers nervously. "I had a lover way back when I was a new vampire," he began, his voice small. Yoongi bit his lip as he thought about Taehyung having someone. Taehyung had once told him that he usually messed around with people, but was he in love with said person?

"You did?"

"I was a vampire for about twenty years when I met this person," Taehyung told him. He had that smile on his face, but Yoongi found himself wanting to rip the head off of the person he's talking about even if that person had made Taehyung so happy. He just felt like he did when he saw Taehyung kissing someone else. Awful. "I loved them."

Yoongi swallowed hard.

Taehyung loved them. He deserves love, but what does that have to do with Yoongi? Why is he telling him these heartbreaking things?

"And?" Yoongi asked almost bitterly.

"I was in love with them, really." Taehyung chuckled darkly to himself. "But, they were a human. Just like you." He said the last part in almost a whisper. Yoongi is no longer a human, but he understands what he meant. "I let my guard down, back then. I was a naive vampire, and I was in love."