Eight

At school, Yoongi started to feel awkward. He was the only one amongst his friends that was eating now. His friends had been forcing themselves to eat in front of him for nearly two years now, but now that he knows they don't survive on food like he does, they just sit there and watch Yoongi eat as they talk. On the bright side, they're speaking like normal again. It feels extra effortless now. His friends don't have to hide and it feels nice this way.

  However, he's the one keeping secrets now. Every day that Yoongi is available, Taehyung meets him at his house. At first, it was just typical small talk on Yoongi's roof— as if that's completely normal or something. Yoongi was fine with the small talk, but then Taehyung wanted to take it a step further.

  "Doesn't this roof get tiring?" Taehyung asked him, pulling Yoongi's blanket off of him. Yoongi pouted as Taehyung threw the blanket over onto the other end of the roof. "How about we actually do something? Wouldn't you like that? We could go somewhere. Are you hungry? We could go get some food."

  Yoongi merely watched as Taehyung sat up. He was now cold and confused, not knowing where this sudden want of doing things was coming from. Yoongi doesn't mind talking on the roof with him, though. It's nice to just lay back and watch the sunset.

  "You don't even eat."

  The vampire chuckled. "Jungkook and I love rare steak, thank you very much." He reached for Yoongi's hand, something that had become normal within time. Despite how cold Taehyung's hand was, it felt nice. It felt nice because Yoongi's hand had something to do; something to hold onto. "Come on," Taehyung said as he pulled Yoongi off of the roof.

  "Where are we going?"

  "To my favorite restaurant," Taehyung answered as he pulled the smaller onto his back. He jumped from the roof, the height of it still scaring Yoongi as the ground came closer and closer, but Taehyung landed them well, not a single scratch on either of them. He put Yoongi down and walked towards his black SUV, opening the passenger door. He stared at Yoongi, amused. "Coming?"

  Yoongi rolled his eyes as he decided upon going. There's no harm in a meal.

  "I'm not even dressed nicely to go and eat," he said as he stepped in front of Taehyung, who merely opened the door wider.

  "You look wonderful."

-

The ride to Taehyung's favorite restaurant didn't feel too long, but it may have been because Yoongi was having fun during the ride. Taehyung had the auxiliary cord, playing new and old hits. The way he got so into the songs and sang with his whole chest made Yoongi smile. He was tapping the wheel to his vehicle as well, so dramatic-like. Yoongi wondered how someone dead could be so lively.

He couldn't help but love it.

When they got to the restaurant, Yoongi was seeing the true colors of Kim Taehyung come through. They had conversations on the roof, but that doesn't compare to dancing and singing in the car or the pure joy on Taehyung's face as he sat down in a booth, clearly one he was comfortable sitting in.

  Yoongi sat across from him, noting that the cushion of the booth is comfortable, at least. Taehyung already knew what he was going to order, Yoongi figured because instead of looking at the menu and deciding, he was staring at Yoongi as he examined the menu.

  "You've seriously never been here?" Taehyung suddenly asked him, shocked.

  He glanced up at Taehyung, a weak smile formed on his face as he glanced back at the black and white menu. "No," he muttered out. "I'm surprised you even eat here."