Twenty-Six

Yoongi frowned as the fresh peek of sunrise came through the window of Taehyung's room. They had waited all night long, cuddled up and talking about random things to pass the time and to get their minds off of things, but Yoongi knew that his friends weren't going to take this well and he knew that when the sun came up that Namjoon would bring them to Taehyung's yard. He knew they were coming.

  "Can I just not go outside?" Yoongi whispered to Taehyung, his voice shaky. "You can do it all on your own. Have fun."

  A small chuckle came from Taehyung as he leaned up and looked at the window. "The sun is coming up," he said. He turned back to Yoongi and pulled his body into his, wrapping his arms to force Yoongi into a hug. "Your friends would never hurt you, Yoongi."

  Of course, his friends would never hurt him. Not once has Yoongi ever thought that they would, even though they most definitely could have, but they never had. That's not the reason why Yoongi is so nervous, anyway.

  "If they hurt you," Yoongi mumbled quietly as he nuzzled into Taehyung's neck. "If they hurt you, then they're still hurting me."

  He could feel Taehyung's grip tighten on him. "Yoongi, they think I hurt you. They'll want me dead, you know that. But don't you think I deserve that? I killed you, Yoonie."

  Yoongi backed away from the hug, feeling Taehyung's hands drop away from him. "I've never felt more alive, knowing that I get to be with you guys. I am the reason that I'm no longer a human. That was my fault."

  Taehyung sighed. He rolled over onto the bed and stared up at the ceiling. "You turned because of me, though. You didn't choose this. I did." He leaned up and left the bed, then turned around and held his hand out to Yoongi. "They're here. Let's go."

  But he didn't want to go. He didn't want to argue or fight. Nobody here except for him is at fault. He is the reason why Taehyung is going to gain unnecessary enemies. It isn't right for Taehyung to be hated when he's the reason why he's a vampire. And he's going to be sure to let his friends know that he doesn't want any arguing. This was his choice.

  Taehyung and Yoongi walked out of the bedroom and saw that Jimin and Jungkook were already sitting on the couch, just waiting. They didn't say a word as they stood up, but Yoongi watched as Jimin went towards Taehyung and wrapped his arms around his neck, hugging him with a worried look on his face. Yoongi refuses to let anything happen to Taehyung. He'd die before that would happen. He can't risk someone else dying just because of his own foolish actions.

  They stopped hugging and Jimin smacked Taehyung on his arm, whispering idiot before he turned to walk to the back door. His hands were shaky as he reached for the knob, not twisting it before he looked back at the rest of them, smiling weakly.

  Then he pulled the door open.

Yoongi was well aware of the uneasy feeling settling in his whole body. Everything felt awful. As that door opened and revealed the morning sun, covered mostly by gloomy fog, Yoongi knew that he wasn't going to last throughout this. He knew it would be too much to handle. Perhaps he should've asked for more time to gather his thoughts, but he knew that if Seokjin knew something was up, he would be here first thing in the morning whether Yoongi wanted him to be there or not.

He felt worse now than when he did seeing Taehyung kissing some student in the school hallway. And as the door opened and revealed all of Yoongi's best, closest friends, Yoongi felt more pain seeing Seokjin's disappointed, twisted face than he did turning into a vampire. He never meant to upset his friends and he never liked seeing them when they're not happy. But Yoongi is the reason why.