Six

"I thought I told you to stop bothering us, Yoongi." Taehyung pulled Yoongi closer to him despite what he was saying.

Yoongi was leading the way to his own house, still shaken up by what had just happened. Something deep within him warmed as Taehyung brushed his cold hand against his, only taking a moment to link his fingers together with Yoongi's. He wasn't looking at Yoongi and Yoongi wasn't looking at him, but their hands found each other silently.

"I didn't bother them," Yoongi said, turning towards his own house, tugging Taehyung with him. "I was just going to my friend's house. I wasn't expecting them to be there."

Taehyung sighed. "They followed you," he said, grip on Yoongi's hand tightening as he realized. "Jimin and Seokjin have been at it for years. Of course, Jimin wanted to... Fuck." He squeezed Yoongi's hand tighter as he brought his other hand to his face.

Jimin wanted to what?

"We're here." Yoongi pulled Taehyung up the steps to his house. He opened the door, releasing Taehyung's hand as he did so. Yoongi's mother was in front of the staircase, wiping dust off of shelves, giving Yoongi a confused look as she noticed a new friend.

"Well, hello." She smiled up at Taehyung, not even coming to his shoulders. Taehyung smiled and greeted her, telling her his name and introducing himself nicely. She smiled up at how effortlessly polite he was. "I'll leave you two to it." She brushed off Yoongi, who rolled his eyes in embarrassment.

He pulled Taehyung's wrist, leading him up the stairs and to his room. Taehyung looked around, smiling at such little things like photos on the wall or Yoongi's white fuzzy rug in the middle of his bedroom. Yoongi jumped back onto his bed, resting his dizzy head on one of his pillows. He patted the pillow next to him, inviting Taehyung to lay next to him as the unsure boy closed Yoongi's door.

Taehyung slowly made his way to him, lying down next to Yoongi, his cold arm brushing against his. Yoongi frowned.

"You're still cold?" he asked, turning his body to look at Taehyung, who also turned his body, not knowing what to do. "The heat is on. Why didn't you wear a jacket or something?"

The curls on Taehyung's head covered his eyes as he shook his head. "I'm not cold," he said. But as Yoongi reached for his hand again, Taehyung merely turned back over on the bed, not wanting to be scolded for being cold, hence pulling his hand away from Yoongi.

"Okay..." Yoongi turned as well, both of them with their backs against the mattress.

"My friends were mad at me," Taehyung suddenly said. He was staring at the ceiling, eyes scanning wherever as he attempted to explain to Yoongi. "They were mad that I saved you. Not because I saved you, but because they thought that your friends knew about it."

Yoongi pouted. "I didn't even tell my friends about you." He furrowed his eyebrows. "Why does that even matter?" he asked.

Taehyung sighed and turned back over, this time reaching for Yoongi's hand. Yoongi followed him, facing Taehyung and pulling their hands to his chest to try and warm Taehyung up. He smiled at Yoongi.

"Your heart sure is beating calmly to be lied down next to a stranger," he said.

Yoongi searched the wonder in said stranger's eyes. He remembers what Taehyung said back there at Seokjin's house, the way Taehyung came forward and took him in his arms.

"A stranger who has saved my life plenty of times now." Yoongi smiled back at him, loving the way Taehyung slowly trailed his eyes to take in the small details of Yoongi, eyes falling into his, then falling to his nose and lips, cheeks, everywhere. "You won't hurt me," Yoongi said. "I know you won't."

Taehyung chuckled. "You're so sure."

Yoongi shrugged at him. "I can just feel it," he admitted. "I feel good and protected."

Something within that sentence made Taehyung frown. "I've heard that before." He took his hand away from Yoongi's, getting off of the bed and standing up next to Yoongi, who was also leaning up to sit on the bed.

"Will you tell me now?"

Taehyung merely looked down at him. "You still don't get it?" he asked Yoongi, who shook his head, a frown on his face. "Come here." Taehyung reached his hand out to Yoongi, taking his hesitant hand and pulling him off the bed, leading Yoongi to the mirror on his dresser. He twisted Yoongi around, earning a confused hum from the shorter.

Suddenly Taehyung was tugging Yoongi's jacket off, yanking his shirt down over his shoulder. "Hey!—"

"This." Taehyung revealed the back of Yoongi's shoulder. Yoongi glanced back in the mirror, furrowing his eyebrows as he saw the bright purple T marked on him; the mark that has been on him since he was born.

"Let go." Yoongi stepped away from Taehyung, snatching his jacket back over his skin. "How the hell did you know that was there?" He stepped away even more.

Taehyung sighed. "This is useless." He let his head fall as he shoved his feet into the white rug. "You wouldn't believe me even if I told you. There's no point in being here."

"I want to know, though." Yoongi came forward again, not wanting to miss this chance. "Please," he begged. "I'm tired of this. If you don't tell me now I'll— I'll go to Jimin and ask him—"

"Don't go near Jimin," Taehyung said sternly. "He's not as dangerous to your coven, but he sure as hell is dangerous to you."

Yoongi raised an eyebrow. "Coven?"

"Yeah." Taehyung came towards Yoongi again. "If I tell you what I'm about to tell you, you can't tell anyone," he said. "And don't try and kill me, either. I will defend myself."

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "Just tell me!"

"Fine!" Taehyung yelled back at him. "We're a bunch of fucking bloodsuckers, Yoongi."

A broken silence fell between them.

Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows as he gaped at Taehyung. "Huh?" he chuckled, but Taehyung stared hard at him. Before Yoongi knew it, Taehyung had him within a flash, and Yoongi was suddenly on his bed, back pressed into his mattress and Taehyung sat on top of him, lips pulled back and teeth— fangs in his view.

"You wouldn't dare think that vampires exist, would you?" Taehyung chuckled darkly to himself, hooking Yoongi into the bed. He licked at his sharp fangs. "Truth be told, we wish we didn't even exist. Shocker."

Yoongi's mind was overflown with thoughts, speechless as he looked at Taehyung. He was panicking, wondering if this was some type of sick dream or stupid prank.

But it makes sense. He has fucking fangs. Vampires are real? That must be why Jimin wants to kill him. Yoongi's eyes widened. That's why Jungkook went straight to kissing his neck! That's why Taehyung is strong! Oh my God, his friends are keeping this secret from him— are they vampires?

"Oh my God," Yoongi let out. "The party." He wasn't even paying attention to Taehyung's odd look or the fact that he was too heavy on top of him. "I wasn't stabbed, it was teeth!"

"Fangs," Taehyung corrected. "I just told you that I'm a vampire and you aren't questioning whether this is real? You believe me?"

Yoongi nodded his head. "I believe it." He pressed his head into his mattress more. "It makes sense. It all makes so much sense." Taehyung shook his head as he got off of Yoongi, not believing that Yoongi wasn't even the least bit terrified of him. "Wait." He followed Taehyung, reaching for his hand. His mind clicked at the coldness of said hand, realizing why he's always cold. "You're not leaving, are you?" he asked.

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows at him. "I could seriously kill you, Yoongi."

"But..." Yoongi let go of his hand and settled back on his bed. "You didn't explain the mark on my shoulder. The T, what is it?"

He watched as Taehyung gave him a guilty look, biting his lip as to think. "I can't explain that to you." Taehyung sighed. "Not now," he mumbled underneath his breath, then he vanished from Yoongi's bedroom like he was never even there to begin with.

More secrets? Why?

~