Chapter One

Hi guys, this is my first time ever writing so please don't judge too hard. I am open to suggestions and constructive criticism. Thank you, happy reading!

(1,431 words ,7258 characters)

I wake up to my alarm beeping at me through my phone, I roll over   trying to get just five more minutes of sleep. I sit up groggily while my eyes come into focus and I remember what today was. I slowly walk to the bathroom to start my morning routine. I start by taking a shower as I attempt to get rid of my tiredness. I soon get out to dry off and get dressed and continue my morning.

I'm in the middle of blow drying my hair when I look at my phone and notice that I'm behind schedule. I throw down the blow dryer and finish in the bathroom. I quickly walk to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee for the long drive ahead of me. As my coffee is being made, I smear some cream cheese onto a bagel and go put my shoes and coat on. I walk back to the kitchen to get my coffee and look at the time, I grab my keys and walk out the door.

I walk outside as the brisk air hits my face. I close my eyes and take a deep breath as I listen to the early birds chirps. I step onto the sidewalk and start walking to my car that's just down the block. It's my first day at my new job, I was recruited to join The Avengers team three days ago. I've been dreading this day since I was asked to join the team, I've kept my powers under control and I kept myself hidden away and constantly moving, as to avoid getting caught. I guess that didn't work out so well, Nick Fury has been tracking me since the accident happened 2 years ago and now he's brought me to help the team.

I finally reach my car, I unlock the doors and get in. I sit for a moment wondering if accepting the job offer was a good idea, what if I lose control? I take another deep breath and clear my mind. I start the car and plug my phone into the aux while I allow the car to warm up. I hit shuffle on my Spotify and the song "Hotter Than Hell" starts playing. I put the car into drive and begin pulling out into traffic, to The Avengers compound. I'm almost there when I realize that I'm going to be late if I don't speed up, I'll be lucky if I don't get pulled over.

When I reach the compound, there is a tall (handsome) man outside the doors waiting with his arms crossed across his chest. He has short dirty blonde hair, and is wearing jeans and a skin tight athletic shirt. I came to a stop and put the car in park and stepped out. I turn around ready to introduce myself, when the man approached me and says,

"Good morning Harley, I'm Steve Rogers also known as Captain America. I'll be taking you up to meet the others as soon as you're ready."

I continue to walk to my truck and grab my stuff that I packed the night before, "Hello Steve, nice meeting you."

We shake hands and he helps me walk my stuff to my room before going to the lounge to meet the others. He opens the door where one side of the room that's all glass that looks out on the rolling fields. We aren't in the city anymore, the air is fresh and quiet. There's a king sized bed in the center of the room, and a dresser to the right against the wall. There's a door to the bathroom at the back corner of the room. As I walk in I'm almost blinded by how bright the white walls and floor are, the shower has a dark accent stone wall with a textured glass door. As I walk back into the bedroom, I set my bag onto the foot of my bed where Steve is still waiting for me.

He looks up from the floor and politely asks, "Are you ready to go meet the others?"

I look around one last time before I nod, Steve stands up and starts to walk towards the door to leave while I follow.

As we walk down the stairs into the lounge, I start to feel all the eyes on me. My cheeks flush red as I'm not used to people staring at me. Steve walks behind the counter where another man stands working on something robotic like, he has dark eyes and hair. When he looks at me, I catch a cocky alfa vibe from the tense look in his eyes. I took a wild guess and assumed it was Tony Stark, rich billionaire, playboy also known as IronMan.

"You must be Harley, welcome to the team!" , he says as he starts smiling and walking out from behind the counter. He points at everyone and slowly introduces me to everyone. We walk around the lounge shaking hands and meeting everybody. So far, I've been introduced to Natasha Romanoff who is Black Widow. Wanda, who is Scarlet Witch. Thor, The God of Thunder. Clint also known as Hawkeye. As we continue to move around the lounge I meet three more people, Bruce Banner - The Hulk, Peter Parker - Spiderman, and Bucky Barnes - The Winter Soldier. We are about to sit down and talk about the mission when a strange man walks into the room. He has long black hair and mysterious green eyes that looked like it would allow him to see straight through someone's soul. He's wearing an all black suit and his hair is slicked back.

Tony stands up and gestures his hand towards the man and says,
"This is Loki, Thor's brother."

"Adopted" - Loki says in return with a hard voice. He meets my eyes and chills run through my body like a jolt of electricity. Avoiding his eyes, I break eye contact and turn to the others,

"So, this mission of yours, you need my help, why?"

A dark skinned man walks into the room. It takes me a moment to realize who the man is, Nick Furry. Finally, someone I'm familiar with.

"Well Harley, you know that S.H.I.E.L.D has been tracking you and watching you for the last 2 years. We took interest when we knew that your powers could help us tremendously..." Before he could finish, Loki interrupted him,

"So the new girl has powers.." he says with a terrifying smirk on his face.
I turn to see Loki still smirking at me, so I decide to turn around and face him. "I do, actually. What is it that you do again, besides sneaking around and being the God of Mischief?"

With that, the smirk was wiped off his face and a few of the team chuckled quietly. I turn back around and look at Tony and Steve and nod for them to continue about the mission. They proceed to tell me and the rest of the team most of the details on the mission and I'm still not completely sure what my role is in the middle of the mission. I try to ask more about the mission but all I get in response is, "No more questions for the night, tomorrow we start training and preparing ourselves. Everyone needs a good night's sleep before tomorrow."

Everyone begins to stand and chatter before heading to bed, but not me. I quietly cut myself off from the conversation and make my way up the stairs to my room, I'm almost there when I begin to hear footsteps behind me. I smile as he comes to a stop in front of me.

"So, not bad for your first day", he chuckles. "I know it seems like no one wants you here right now, none of us are used to having new people around. So a lot of us don't know how to act. Just give them some time and they'll come around". Steve's words make me smile when I remember I've never been much of a team player.

"Thanks Steve, but I'm not around teams often, let alone a team played and I'm not expecting anyone to like me. I'm here for one job, and one job only." Steve's face becomes emotionless for a moment before putting his hands in his pockets, smiles and says, "You have a lot of training tomorrow, goodnight Harley." and he turns around and walks away as I step into my room and close the door.