07

sitting with the volleyball team at lunch had become a regular occurrence.

you had begun to get along with everyone really well, and even had started going to their practices from time to time while you finished up homework for your classes.

ofc course you used the excuse that you only went to see your boyfriend practice, but in all honesty you didn't just go in order to fake it; you really did enjoy watching atsumu play. he was so talented and resourceful, and it mesmerized you to watch him.

"i hope you haven't forgotten about tomorrow." he said, as he plopped down next to you on the bench. you made a face and swatted him away. "first of all; no i haven't forgotten, and second of all you can talk to me when you aren't all sweaty." he laughed a little in response, and sensing that his team was watching, he swiftly pressed a kiss to your cheek before speaking. "riiight, wait for me after practice."

once he was gone, you stuffed your face back in your book in order to hide your flushed cheeks. it was a strange sensation; fake dating atsumu. sometimes you tricked yourself into forgetting that the whole thing was fake. you also enjoyed the attention he was giving you, and you enjoyed getting to spend so much time with him. sometimes a part of you couldn't help but wonder if you would mind it all being real.

friday came, which meant that you were supposed to be spending the night at atsumu's place. he had insisted that it was only normal for couples to have sleepovers, but you were still slightly nervous about it, not to mention the fact that you would have to continue to try and hide the truth about your "relationship" from osamu.

you knocked on the door hesitantly, and seriously considered hiding in the bush, but the door opened and before you knew it, familiar toned arms were wrapping around you. "heyyy y/n! you actually came." before you could respond; atsumu carried you inside and set you down. "okay so, you can leave your shoes there, annnnd i'll take that." he nodded towards your bag. you smiled and he took your stuff upstairs.

a familiar gray haired twin waved at you from the kitchen while he ate a banana. "i go to sleep earlier than tsumu so, if you two are gonna do anything do me a favor and do it before i'm trying to sleep." he said with between chews, then ruffled your hair and went upstairs. you knew your cheeks were burning, so you awkwardly paced around to try and diffuse the feeling. none of that would be happening; you probably weren't even gonna be sleeping in the same room as atsumu..right?

the movie had only been about thirty minutes in before you started to drift off. atsumu felt your head fall onto his shoulder, causing him to look down and flick your forehead lightly. "y/n, don't tell me you're falling asleep already." he teased. you sighed and snuggled yourself closer to his warm body. "it's not my fault you're warm." you grumbled. he chuckled, and gently rubbed circles on the small of your back.

"okay okay, let's go to sleep then."

after you had brushed your teeth and changed, you walked out nervously to atsumu laying on his bed scrolling through instagram. he glanced up at the sound of you shutting the door, then took the time to fully study you up and down. he smiled widely, then dropped his phone and opened his arms like a child. "yayy you finished, now come lay with me." he instructed.

to be completely honest, you two didn't have to really keep pretending right now, as osamu had offered to sleep downstairs on the couch instead of his normal bunk, and he was already asleep. you didn't mind still getting to pretend though. you smiled softly, and crawled on top of atsumu who wrapped his arms around you happily, the began poking your sides.

"tsumu stoppp." you whined in between giggles as he poked at you. who knows how it happened, but somehow you ended up laying on your back against the pillows, and atsumu was hovering over you with his hands on either side of your head.

atsumu's pov:

just do it.

just kiss her. now was the perfect opportunity; she was right there; her lips were inches from mines, and the urge to do it was great. all i had to do was just-

but right before our lips touched, she pulled away. i have to admit, that stung a little. she reached up, and gently ran her thumb across my lower lip. she smiled, but her eyes seemed..troubled..conflicted.

i should have never tried to kiss her; she probably didn't even have the same feelings for me as i did her. i reminded myself over and over again that this was a fake relationship, but it still felt real.

i wanted it to be real.

i sighed lightly, and flopped down on my side next to y/n before hesitantly reaching out again. she nodded, giving me permission, and i wrapped my arms around her waist and buried my face in her shoulder. "i'm sorry y/n. i shouldn't have-" i felt her smaller hands land on top of mines. "don't be. goodnight atsumu."

i sighed again and closed my eyes; relaxing at the feel of her in my arms and the sound of her soft even breathing. whatever had just happened between us could be sorted out later.

IM ALIVEEE sorry guys i've been in a bit of a writing slump lately BUT i'm back now and happy to be back. i hope you enjoyed the chapter loves.
-M