02

you sat down at the lunch table and began to open your book when you hesitated. atsumu had told you that he was coming, but you weren't sure if that was actually happening or not.

you sighed, and looked up to a girl staring down at you with her arms crossed. "f/n l/n right? i'm gonna sit down really quick." she glowered with an obviously fake smile. she sat down, and smoothed out her skirt, then popped a piece of gum in her mouth; chewing loudly.

great. you didn't have time for this right now.

"so," the girl started. she began to rant while you studied her. she had dark hair; long and fluffy. fair facial features, full lips, and long eyelashes that she continued to bat.

she was the kind of girl that guys probably fought over. you recognized her as lani; the schools most popular girl.

"i noticed that atsumu came and sat with you yesterday." she said, glaring you down.

again. you didn't have time for this. "yeah. he did." you responded shortly.

lani laughed a little and rested her chin in her hands.

"well, tsumi and i are dating so..not trying to be rude or anything, i just don't want you to get your hopes up or anything." she sneered sweetly.

tsumi? that's corny but whatever. you knew people would get the wrong idea if he started talking to you.

you clasped your hands together, then leaned toward lani before responding in an unbothered tone. "thanks for the ground breaking information lani, but i wouldn't know you two were dating considering he never mentioned you."

lani looked you up and down in shock, and was about to speak again, but you cut over her. "not that this conversation wasn't extremely fascinating, but if you'll excuse me i'm expecting atsumu and you're in his spot." you forced a sarcastic smile, then waved her off.

as lani was leaving, atsumu was walking in. he surveyed lani's angry expression, then followed her gaze to you and chuckled. he sat down across from you and licked his lips lightly with a smile.

"so you two met." he said, tilting his head in her direction. you scoffed, and pulled out your book. "yeah, and she's a pain." atsumu laughed, and spoke again. "she looks pissed." you glanced up at her. yeah, she did look pretty disgruntled. that satisfied you.

"i didn't even say that much to her. so, i didn't know you two were dating." you said, cracking open your monster and taking a sip. atsumu's expression changed; his smile faded a bit. "we aren't. at least not right now..it's complicated."

you could tell that he was expecting you to question him about it, but you decided not to. not that you weren't a little interested on what 'complicated' meant, but you didn't know him that well. you didn't want to come off weird.

"complicated. i get it." you mumbled, then opened the book to where you left off and spun it so that atsumu could read it too. he studied your expression, but didn't say anything in response.

after a couple minutes of reading, atsumu closed the book.

"i hope you didn't just lose our spot." you grumbled. atsumu smiled and showed you that he had left his finger on the page. "i didn't. but, i wanted to ask you something."

you sat up a little, and motioned for him to go on. atsumu inhaled lightly, then spoke.

"go out with me."

he seemed so serious, that you burst out laughing. he leaned back, and watched you contently for a bit as you finally let loose a little.

"are you crazy? i literally just met you yesterday." you cried in between laughter.

atsumu rolled his eyes with a smirk. "so? what if we're soulmates or something? you'd never know unless you go out with me."

again, you laughed at his bluntness. he was being dead serious too.

"what about your complicated girlfriend?" you teased. atsumu thought for a moment.

"in my world, complicated means i'm open to going on dates with other people." he implied. your laughter finally calmed down, and you looked at him seriously.

"no." you said, then tried to grab the book back, but atsumu pulled it away from your reach. "what? why not." he whined. you chuckled, and crossed your arms. "because i don't date guys i just met less than 24 hours ago." you responded.

atsumu thought for a moment, then responded. "well that's a dumb rule. go out with me." you smiled a little and shook your head. "absolutely not. you're lucky i even let you sit here." you flicked his head, then snatched the book back from him.

he rubbed his head where you had flicked him while he thought to himself. "fine y/n, but i wont give up. in my world, i never take no as an answer." he boasted with a grin.

you rolled your eyes and went back to your book.

"well welcome to my world then."

i hope you're all having a good valentine's day 😌🤎 go eat some chocolate and enjoy yourself.
-M <33