04

you hadn't really spoken to atsumu much since the "incident" with the guy in the park. he didn't come sit with you at lunch anymore, and there were rumors that he had gotten back together with lani. you didn't know why, but that bothered you.

so once again, you were back to sitting alone at lunch, reading your manga alone. for some odd reason, you didn't continue the manga you had started with atsumu. a part of you was hoping that one day he would come back and finish it with you.

you sat with your face buried in your book, when a soft quiet voice spoke. "excuse me, do you mind if i sit here?" you looked up and did a double take. it was atsumu. same facial features, same build, same hai-wait, no. his hair was gray now. when did that happen?

"sure." you responded, and closed your book. after a moment of awkward silence, he laughed a little. "what?" you asked; confused. "i hope you don't think i'm tsumu. i'm osamu; his twin brother." the boy spoke. you mentally slapped yourself. you knew this already, how embarrassing that you totally had forgotten.

"oh, my bad! hello osamu-san." you stammered and bowed your head. osamu just smiled a little in response. "y/n, i came over here because i feel as though my brother hasn't been fair to you." he said. you started twiddling with your thumbs a little. "eh, i don't really see a problem with it. i guess it was just a short term thing." you mumbled. you really didn't care, so why did this bother you so much?

osamu studied your expression and could tell that it bothered you a little. "y/n, i hope you know that while my brother is an idiot, his intention isn't to hurt you or upset you." you looked up to show him that you were listening. osamu sighed. "he just..can't always tell right from wrong, and he thinks the best way to figure things out is to distance himself from people."

that you understood. but what was he trying to figure out? what had you done to him? "may i ask..what did i do to him? i mean last time i talked to him was saturday, and we ran into this guy and he freaked out and just stopped talking to me." you explained. osamu thought for a moment before understanding.

"ah. you mean aran." he thought aloud. you nodded. "isn't he the ace of your team? why would he not get along with aran?" you questioned. osamu leaned back in his chair before speaking. "you have to understand that tsumu, aran and i have known each other since we were little. nobody knows us better than aran." he started. you nodded, signaling for him to go on. "aran and atsumu have always been slightly closer than i have with him, and recently they had a sort of..misunderstanding. anyways, tsumu's really upset about it because besides me he values his friendship with aran the most." he finished.

you nodded. but you still didn't understand what that had to do with you. "and before you ask what that has to do with you, or why they were fighting in the first place; that's something i'm afraid you'll have to ask tsumu for yourself." again you nodded.

you spent the remainder of lunch with osamu. he was much less expressive than his twin, and not as loud, however he was very bluntly funny and shared some of his food with you. he also rather enjoyed some of your omelet, so you promised to bring him some tomorrow.

who knew the miya twins were so fun to sit with.

{time skip}

atsumu still hadn't spoken to you in person, so you were surprised when he texted you.

hey.
can we talk?

you couldn't pretend that you weren't a little upset with him still. he had basically just ditched you, and you didn't even know why. you typed back hesitantly.

i'm kinda busy rn.

i know you're upset with me. and you should be, but please just
lemme explain.