Chapter 3: Zac's back already?

Kyla's POV:

'Why can't I just get that stupid dream out of my head?' I thought to myself as I placed an order in front of a customer. I just couldn't shake the feeling that something was about to happen, no matter how hard I tried. I walked to an empty table and placed the dirty plates on the tray in my hand. I then took them to the back and placed them in the sink. When I went to the front again, I looked around for Carly but couldn't see her anywhere. "Where's Carly?" I asked David who stood behind the counter. "I think she went to the beach for her break," he replied while writing something on his notepad. "It's so nice of her to leave me alone to wait the tables," I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes. I heard David chuckle before he walked away. Luckily the cafe wasn't too busy. I walked across the cafe and out the door to see if anyone needed anything outside when I saw Cam sitting with Evie at a nearby table. Weren't they suppose to be at Mako 'till tomorrow? I walked over to the two of them then sat down beside Evie. "Hey Cam," I greeted, earning his attention. "Oh, hey Kyla," he greeted back with a smile. "What are you doing back? I thought you would be camping 'till tomorrow," I asked him. "You'll have to ask Zac about that. This morning he was going on about a tunnel and a light and said we had to leave," he said and shrugged. I raised a questioning brow at him just as Zac came up to us. "Hey Zac," I greeted. "Cam, I need to show you something," he said to Cam, completely ignoring me. "Right now? I'm eating breakfast," he tried to protest. "Now." Cam sighed before standing up and leaving with Zac. "Well, that was rude," I commented then turned to Evie. "Yeah. He's been acting like that all morning," Evie stated, raising questions in my mind. My thoughts started to wander back to the dream and the feelings I've been having. "Earth to Kyla," Evie said and waved her hand in front of my face, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Sorry. My mind wandered. What did you say," I explained, making her playfully roll her eyes at me. "I said you should get back to work, before you get in trouble," she repeated. "Yeah, you're probably right," I agreed and stood up. I was about to walk away but remembered something and turned back to Evie. "Oh, before I forget. When you see Carly, tell her I'm going to kill her for leaving," I said. Evie chuckled before nodding her head and saying, "Will do." I smiled at her then walked into the cafe.

The rest of the day went by as it usually would and after a good days work, it was closing time. Luckily, it was Carly's turn to stay behind and clean up, which was a good thing since I was exhausted. When I arrived at Rita's, I went straight up to my room and flopped down on my bed. It was so soft and welcoming. Without even bothering to change, I drifted into a dreamless sleep, escaping the troubles of the real world.