19

"Mhm, hey," Kayleigh says awkwardly answering the door.

"Hey," Mike says awkwardly

"What, what are you doing here?" Kayleigh asks, trying so hard not to sound rude or anything

"We are hanging out remember," He reminds her.

Oh shit, I forgot that, so much for avoiding him. She thought to herself

"Right, hangout," she says. "Come in," she says, standing aside for him to enter.

"Thanks," he says getting in and Kayleigh closing the door, leading him to the living room.

"You can get comfortable, I'm just going to go change," she says.

"Ok," he says taking a seat on the couch.

With that, she disappeared up the stairs to her room.

What to wear, what to wear. She thought to herself, rummaging through her closet.

 She thought to herself, rummaging through her closet

"I'm done," she said taking the last step.

"Great, let's get going," he says getting up.

"So where are we going?" I asked as we pulled out of my driveway.

"To my place," he says looking at me for a second before turning back to the road.

"Oh?" Kayleigh says, her and Mike had never hung out in private before, it was always in a public area like the movies.

"Yeah, I'm home alone, my parents and step sister are out, won't be back for a few hours," he says.

"Okay."

They drive silently for ten minutes before pulling up at a double storey modern house.

"Wow, your place is really nice," Kayleigh says as they walked to the door.

"Please, this is nothing compared to your place," he says opening the door and letting Kayleigh in first.

"No seriously, this place is amazing," Kayleigh says, looking at the high tech furniture.

"Honestly, this is all my stepfather's place, he's an orditor," he says, leading them to the living room.

"How about we watch a movie?" Mike suggested.

"Sure."

"Okay, lemme go grab some snacks whilst you pick a movie," he says before disappearing into the kitchen.

|•••|

"You sure you wanna watch a horror?" Mike asks Kayleigh with a smirk.

"Yes I'm sure," she says back.

"Okay, well if you get scared, your night and shining armour is here for you," he says resting his arm around her shoulder.