Chapter Forty One

Belfast greets them on a particular warm day. The morning air wraps around them all as they tumble together backstage after the show, all of them alight with adrenaline for performing. It's the first morning show they've put on for this tour and it's slightly strange having already finished performing before it's even midday.

Niall throughs his arm around his shoulders, sweat clinging to the Irishman who hasn't stopped grinning since they stepped off the plane late last night.

"Fuckin' oath lads, what a show!"

He has rather conflicting memories of this particular tour spot though he pushes it from his mind as they make their way further backstage in order to show and get ready for the rest of the day.

"Man I'm still knackered after last night, when are we expected at the venue again?" Zayn asks as they near the dress rooms.

"Two I think, but Rebecca said to us earlier that we're leaving for it straight away remember? Gonna take a while to get there then set up." Liam answers.

"I need a darn nap." Zayn mutters.

"Don't we know it." Louis says under his breathe from where he walks beside Harry and he struggles to muffle his laughter.

There's only two showers available in their section of dressing rooms so after they've walked into the large room now mostly packed up with all their supplies and pre show necessities, Niall and Zayn branch off to take first rotation in the showers whilst Liam lingers in the hallway to call Maya who's had to stay in London for work.

"You know..." He starts but is cut short when he feels hands on his shoulders, pushing him back into the far wall and the next moment Louis' lips are on his. There's a hint of desperation and longing behind Louis' actions as Harry snaps a hand up to Louis' neck and pulls him closer.

"You..." Louis starts between kisses, "Just had to... fucking go ahead and... tease me like that up there." He stutters out breathlessly.

Harry smiles into the kiss now, "I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about love."

Louis groans, the sound low and deep and he feels warmth spread through him at the sound as Louis presses another bruising kiss to his lips. "I think you know exactly what I'm talking about." He continues, moving down to press firm kisses along the side of his jaw.

He knows they'll get shit from the boys and dark looks from their managers but as Louis' lips travel slowly down his neck, with painstaking pointedness to linger on spots Louis still remembers are most sensitive, he really can't find it within himself to care.

Of course he knows what Louis is calling him out for. He'd not held anything back on stage tonight. Their stolen nights away with their families, and particularly his conversation with Lottie had left him feeling too many emotions for him not to let loose tonight. The crowd had certainly been up for it as they'd screamed each and every lyric back at them and danced away under the sunlight. His performance of Adore You had been a release of sorts to perform the song under the gaze of so many thousands but especially when it's intended listener had sat directly behind him.

If he'd danced more vigorously than he had in the opening nights of tour, then he could blame it on initial nerves. Not the fact that he now knew with every part of him that he and Louis would have the rest of their lives spent together at the end of this year. Ten years of suffering under the weight of their secret love affair would be over and they would be open to the world. He could love Louis freely and without restraint just the way he'd always wanted too.

So maybe Louis' bruising response now in the dress room wasn't unexpected, but he relished in the sensation all the same. The indescribable feeling of having Louis pressed to him, impossibly close and every ounce of feeling shared between them felt with each press of their lips.