Chapter Thirty Four

Mid-afternoon on a Friday evening and the five of them are out on Louis' football field behind his house attempting a 'friendly' game of football. Except Niall is determined to prove he's the superior athlete but Louis is practically running him in circles. Unluckily for Harry, Niall is meant to be one his team. Zayn's with them too but football had never been his specialty and he's about as hopeless as he is right now, they're trying at least. He thinks they're down 4-1 at this point and they've only been playing a little over twenty-five minutes. Luckily for every one of them bar Louis, a career in Football had never been on the cards.

Asides from their arse's currently being whooped by Louis and Liam, the other main problem he's currently having is avoiding being too distracted by the sight of Louis, sweaty in shorts and no shirt because of course today the sun has actually come out in London and it's warm enough for this shit. If that wasn't enough to stir Harry to the point of madness, it's the way Louis stops every other minute to rack his hand through his hair which is sending him spiraling. How is he possibly meant to focus on the ball when there's that sight before him. Regardless, he's dam well trying to ignore it.

Clifford and Bruce are lazily sprawled out on the back porch, tired after initially thinking it great fun to chase the five young men and ball around the pitch till they'd eventually grown too tired to continue.

Louis laughs at another of Nialls frantic failed antics to swipe the ball away from him and dribbles the ball down the field towards him and Zayn.

"All yours!" Zayn calls out from the goal but he's already off in Louis' direction.

Louis smirks at him, head still lowered when he sees Harry coming towards him. Louis has always been the best player between them, by a long way, and Harry was currently feeling like the wobbly sixteen-year-old he once had been as he goes to intercept Louis.

Instead of evading him however, when he's nearly upon Harry Louis kicks the ball towards Liam who's somehow appeared across from him. Niall can have fun dealing with that.

He expects for Louis to just go around him and continue with the game and that's why he finds himself caught so off guard when Louis grabs him around the waist instead and swipes his feet out from under him. He wildly grabs for Louis to stabilize himself but he's too off balance and tumbles down to the grass, dragging an unexpecting Louis down with him.

Louis laughs from where he lies on top of him and if he wasn't still slightly winded he might have joined him. Instead he goes to shove Louis playfully off of him in hopes of being about to gasp down more air. Louis' still laughing when he reaches forward, places a kiss against his check, quickly pulling himself up off Harry and offering out his hand with a wide grin as if nothing had happened.

His breath has definitely gone at this point but he manages to grab a hold of Louis' hand and heave himself off the ground.

"Hey! You two quite done yet we've got a game to win!" Niall calls out to them.

"Mate you're now down by four, don't claim a big head now!" Louis yells back and runs after the ball.

Louis and Liam score another two goals before Niall finally concedes and they call it a day. Making their way back into the house, dogs trailing behind them they all head straight for the fridge and gulp down several large glasses of water before anyone speaks.

"I swear if Wills' yells at me one more time to get to the end of the stage at the end of Spaces I'm quitting this band." Zayn mutters as he presses his forehead down onto the cool marble of the table.

"Fuck off, those jokes aren't funny anymore mate." Liam says nudging his shoulder.

"Zayn you threaten to leave us one more time and I'm locking you on the tour bus and never letting you out again." Louis says as he takes the seat beside Harry.