Chapter Thirty Six

Somehow, the other boys don't catch on to the recent 'development' going on between the two of them in the final days leading up to opening night. Louis of course thinks this is hilarious and instead of letting them in on said developments, he thinks it's far more thrilling to simply sneak off between rehearsal breaks, final meetings and stage designs to kiss him senseless in a secluded room. How the others don't catch on when they both sheepishly return, quietly slipping into the room, with messed up hair, bright eyes and swollen lips is beyond him but with tour now so close its not surprising that everyone's slightly distracted.

He's nervous, more so than he thought he'd be for tour. They've now gone over the setlist to the extent that Harry thinks he could perform this show in his sleep, the choreo, music changes and stage plan now firmly fermented in his mind. Doesn't stop him from stressing however.

It's their final night before tour, the O2 already has had fans lined up camping outside the venue for the past two nights which he thinks is slightly concerning because don't people have work or other better things to do rather than camp outside a venue three days before a show begins. That morning as they'd their way out of the venue for the final time before the actual show tomorrow he'd come out with his arms laden with gift bags and several crew members carrying trays of various fruits and snacks.

Liam and Zayn had shared knowing glances at his gesture, Niall had laughed in delight before he'd run back inside to snatch even more food from the kitchen. But Louis had taken one look at the determined set in his gaze, placed a blazing kiss on his check and taken some of the bags away from Harry which he'd been overburdened with. The five of them, as well as the crew members had wandered outside to where perhaps two hundred people lounged around, talking adamantly with one another. They'd been spotted soon enough and it had taken several long minutes for the screaming to die down before they could properly hand out the food and items and actually talk with some of the fans.

The five of them find themselves bunched together in Harry's living room later that night. Harry and Liam squaring off against Niall and Louis in their sixth round of FIFA, whilst Zayn attempts his best efforts at mediating any rising tensions. He and Liam still managing to lose every match though he can't say he's too surprised. After all these years he doesn't know why they still try.

"Ha! This is a good one!" Zayn quirks up from where he's squished between Liam and Niall.

Louis had been the last out of the kitchen earlier when they'd first walked into the lounge, lagging behind to grab them each a second round of beers. He'd taken one look at the four of them huddled together on the couch and promptly walked straight towards Harry and inserted himself directly between Harry and Liam. None of the boys had questioned it, or so much as raised a brow at his antics and Harry wasn't about to comment on it when his entire right side was pressed firmly against Louis. They'd shared a private smile before the game had begun and he was convinced Louis had even gone slightly softer on him when he'd had possession of the ball in all their previous matches. Not that the other man would ever willingly admit it.

"What's it this time?" Niall asks though doesn't take his eyes off the screen for a second.

"Get this, 'My brother has never liked 1D so I dared him back in 2016 that if they ever reunited he'd have to pay for tickets for both of us to go, see you in Manchester boys!'"

"Sucks for him."

"Bet he's an Oasis fan." Niall comments and Louis' eyes do actually look away from the screen to glare at the Irishman.

"Just because he's a Manc doesn't mean he's an Oasis fan."

"Says a lot from the Donny boy who loves Oasis."