The dinner

"Welcome Sabrina" - He said as he used his magic to move a chair for Sabrina to sit.

Sabrina kept looking at me as she was coming down the stairs. The tension in this room was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

"What are you doing here?" - she asked me. I was about to answer, but...

"I asked for her. Just as I asked for you. Now..."

"What is it that you want from us?" - Sabrina interrupted. Honestly shut up once in your life. I am so stressed right now, I have no idea how's he going to react. But, by the looks of it, really calmly. And I don't know which is scarier.

"Respect? Love? No? Well, soon enough for those things. In the meantime, I'd settle for gratitude."

"Gratitude? For what?"

"Have I not given you both every worthwhile thing? Beauty, strength, power above all other mortals?"

"We didn't ask for those things. We didn't want those things."

Speak for yourself.

"Now, that is lie. And there should be no lies between us. Not on the eve of our glorious ascension. The truth is, Sabrina, you have loved the power I have given you."

I shout out of the conversation. He is right. Sabrina loved it. She really loved it.

"Might I suggest Lilith?"

"Lilith knows her place. Her purpose. To serve. And here is yours. You will blow the Horn of Gabriel for me, open the gates of the Pit for the aristocracy of Hell."

"Sorry, I have school."

He laughed.

"Don't you see, Sabrina. You have said no every step of the way since your 16th birthday, and yet, here we are. There has only been one path for you both. The path of night. And while Persephone here, was more open to it. You have been a real handful of work. But I made sure you take every single step. Haven't I, Nicholas?"

As he said that, Nick entered the room. Well of course, no one in their right mind would do the things he did. Sabrina was so in shock. Nick tried to explain himself, but she wouldn't listen. She asked if Edward knew, if he was a part of this.

'What I am about to say will be a lie, and you will not say it to a single soul.'

I just nodded slightly. What else was I supposed to do.

He told Sabrina that he is her father, not Edward.

"You will blow the Horn of Gabriel at sundown in the clearing where you signed My book."

"No! I am not! Calisa?"

She looked at me like she was telling me to follow her. But I couldn't. I couldn't move. I just looked at her and said quietly - No.

"What do you mean no? Calisa come on."

"Where, Sabrina? Where can I go?"

"The Mortu..."

"The Mortuary? Why? They don't want me there."

"You can't be mad at them forever Cali, If you let them explain..."

That's it. In the next few moments I didn't care who was in this room besides Sabrina and me. All I knew is that if I don't let everything out now...

"EXPLAIN WHAT SABRINA? WHY THEY TRIED TO KILL ME!"

"You never let them..."

"Oh, like you did with Nick right now?"

"That's different."

"HOW! Tell me, how is that different? Wait let me guess. It's because it's about you. Everything is fine when it concerns you, isn't it?"

"We are your family."

"Family doesn't try to kill you."

"What?"

I looked at her, so clueless.

"You heard me."

"They never..."

"ENOUGH! Sabrina! How can you be so clueless?! You're family raised me to always clean your mess, because you are the Golden child. Did you ever wonder why you didn't have to pay the price for you actions? Because I was there to clean it up. I WAS the one who would get in trouble because of you."

"Calisa, I didn't know."

"Of course you didn't. But you never asked. YOU have everything Sabrina, family that loves you, friends that are not scared of you. You have everything I ever wanted, and yet, you still WANT MORE!"

I felt tears threatening to fall down. My voice was now quiet.

"Do you know why I started to spen less time at the Mortuary? I felt more alone there than when I was by myself. But you never saw that did you?"

"Why not tell me?"

"Tell you?! What good would that do? You don't know, Sabrina, how much of a torture was to see you and your Aunt's every day and be reminded that I don't have that. That I don't have a family. To be reminded that I am nothing and no one. That I am an orphan."

I didn't want anyone to see me cry. So I turned around to leave, when Sabrina grabbed my hand.

"Calisa"

"LEAVE ME ALONE!"

She was pushed back and hit the wall. I muttered a quiet everyone just leave me alone, and left running. I went into one of the rooms and started crying. I just don't know what to do anymore. Dorian came, but I told him to leave. He tried to stay, but left soon. He knows me, he knows when I want to be alone. I heard door opening again.

"Dorian, I told you to leave."

"Yes, Mr. Gray was looking quite hurt by that."

Great.

"What do you want?"

"To talk."

"Right."

I was just looking through the window. He didn't say anything. Which I found really confusing. I was expecting him to start talking, but he didn't. We just sat there in silence. At some point Dorian came to tell the Dark Lord that Sabrina is waiting. He got up, and before he left, it looked like he wanted to say something, but decided not to. I was left sitting by the window. Dorian was about to leave, but I stopped him.

"Dorian?"

"Yes, Sephone?"

"I have nowhere to go, can I stay here? I know it's sudden and everything. But I can help in the bar and..."

"Of course you can Sephone. But I doubt that after the coronation tonight he'll let you stay."

"I know. I just, need a place where I can be alone and in peace."

He just nodded.

"Thank you, Dorian."

"Anytime."

And he left.