Chapter 14- The tables are turning on the two lives of the blood brothers

It's now Atsumu, Terushima and Sakusa's second year while it is Kita's third and last year in high school.  The first week of school went a little smoothly but, somethings in school, made Atsumu not want to go. One of the reasons, is his older twin brother Osamu. Even though Atsumu was disowned, it doesn't change the fact that they are brothers, no even more, they're twins. They look the exact same, same face and same blood. Although Atsumu no longer carried the 'Miya' family name, something he couldn't change was the fact that he, and now the only son of the Miya family Osamu, are indeed blood related. They are 100% biological twins.

But, the fact that Atsumu was disowned and kicked out of the mansion kind of made the relationship between his and Osamu even worse. One thing is, Osamu doesn't know that Atsumuw as disowned. All his parents told him was, 'Atsumu is tired of us. He moved out today. He's no longer your brother.' and that was all his parents ever said.

Osamu now continued his normal school life wondering about somethings. Even though Atsumu 'moved out' and 'left', everything felt the same to him like Atsumu.....was never there anyways. He somewhat felt kind of hurt. Everyday he would question Atsumu about why he 'left' but Atsumu would just walk away and the way Atsumu talked to him, made him question why he treated Osamu like a stranger. He was strangely polite like they were strangers. After all, you don't need to be that polite to your brother.

Atsumu, Kita, Terushima and Sakusa had started dating during the holidays. One good thing about Atsumu being kicked out of the house was being able to spend more time with people he truly loved. When it was the Summer holidays in the mansion, he would see his family no-his ex-family have fun all the time and he wasn't invited. At that time, he didn't have any friend either so he just spent his Summer holiday.....alone. But now, he has people he could enjoy it with. 

You're probably wonder, where is Atsumu staying now that he was kicked out of his ex-family's house? Well, he couldn't stay with Sakusa nor Terushima because it wouldn't be so easy for him to go to school. He would most likely be late to school if he stayed at one of their houses. So, Kita offered Atsumu to stay at his house. It was close to Atsumu's school since, well, they go to the same school. It was also convenient since the two of them could go to school on Kita's bike together. 

Kita was also able to help Atsumu with his school work so Atsumu got better grades now. Because of that, the people at school didn't often bully or pick on Atsumu. They couldn't really call him 'stupid' or useless anymore since they could see, he got the best grades in his class. He surpassed the 'oh so great Miya Osamu' of the Miya family. 

For volleyball, Kita had became the captain of Inarizaki high's volleyball team which Atsumu was really happy about because he knew that Kita deserved it. Atsumu had became a great asset to the team as well. In the summer holidays, he practiced serving with Terushima and Sakusa who are both spikers. Terushima became a captain after their ex-captain changed schools for his last year for some reason. Johzenji high is pretty new to volleyball so all they have were second years. Their ex-captain was going to became captain again since, the others were only second year this year and their ex-captain, was going to became a third year but, he transferred schools. Terushima was given the title as captain. Sakusa also got a place in the top three best volleyball players. He is a good spiker after all. For Osamu, he was pretty good but he didn't really get to improve his spiking skills since he had no one to practice with. Atsumu who was the setter of Inarizaki was busy with boyfriends after all.

All the changes in Atsumu made the others surprised. Well, not everyone. Some people were really proud of him since they were also his friends like Aran, and Akagi(they are both third years like Kita and they were there on Atsumu's first year when he joined early). Although Osamu was Atsumu's brother, he couldn't believe the changes in Atsumu, the changes in his own biological brother like he didn't even have any expectations for him in the first place. Aiko and Haito also got word of these news and also started to wonder what on earth had changed Atsumu so much. 

On the other hand, Atsumu heard these rumors going on around and gossip about how others wondered about Atsumu changed. Atsumu got more independent and now had more self confidence. Confidence was one of the reasons he was able to achieve such changes. He no longer longed for the attention of his biological parents knowing they would never give him any even if he waited a thousand years. He just pushed back the past and wanted to start again as a person with confidence that cannot be stopped or hurt by words of the people who never loved him.

While Osamu kept wondering about things that Atsumu had said in their first year of high school, Atsumu is currently living with not troubles in his life but of course, he never let his guard down, it was something he learnt from experience. And those were what the two biological twins were living with right now. One twin, wondering and falling into the  depths of emptiness and slowly drowning while the other, now lived a happy life with the ones he loved. The tables were starting to turn. The twin who had nothing and was left behind, will start to get what he missed out on, while the other will pay for who he had forgotten. This was still a small price to pay compare to what the disowned twin had been through. No matter how much amount of pain, could really be enough to fully pay for what had happened in the past.....no matter how much Osamu would do. Lonely seemed like a simple word to many people. But the word itself, could be something that would make the people that, had once experienced loneliness itself feel pain. It is truly the scariest thing on this earth.....loneliness.... 

To be continued...

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I'm sorry I haven't updated the story the past few days.

!DISCLAIMER: Haikyu!! does not belong to me!

Next chapter: A guardian? Fake twins