Chapter 15 - Vindicta

A/N

I know i've said it in a previous author's note; but I won't be consistently putting up trigger warnings at the beginning of chapters. This is a mature fic and I've given pretense before about what kind of content to expect so if you're not comfortable with those kinds of themes pls stop reading. 

Regardless i'm already here so might as well let you folks know that this chapter contains some sexual content -sexual language etc- as well as some violence and blood so proceed at your own risk.

Enjoy ;)

-- 

"Well good morning 'Mione" Ginny waltzed up to walk alongside her on the way to potions.

"It is a good morning Gin" she responded cheerfully, offering her friend a broad smile.

"Oh yes, would you care to tell me why exactly you're in such a good mood all of a sudden, when you've been walking around with your own personal gloom cloud the last few months?" Her friend offered her a knowing smirk, raising an eyebrow at her questioningly.

"I dunno, would you care to tell me why you weren't at breakfast this morning even though Parvati said you were gone before they all woke up this morning?" She returned the red head's cheeky look as she continued slyly. "Maybe, it has something to do with why your buttons are mis-matched and your stockings are inside out?"

"Alright fine, you keep your secrets and I'll keep mine" Ginny raised her hands up in surrender before she went about quickly fastening her robes closed to cover her rumpled uniform. Linking her arm with Hermione's, she gave the girl a mischievous smile.

"I dunno what that look is about Ginevra, but unless you want me to langlock your tongue to the roof of your mouth I suggest you keep whatever is in that head of yours to yourself." She said tersely, crinkling her eyebrows into a scowl.

"Oh, its nothing really." The red head remarked casually, tightening her hold on Hermione's arm so she couldn't try to escape the conversation. "It's just that you said there's nothing going on between you and Theodore Nott; but I heard from Dean Thomas that he sat with you at breakfast this morning."

"He did." She responded blandly.

"Okay so let me just make sure my facts are up to date." The impish smile on Ginny's face triggered alarm bells to start going off in her head. "First, you have hot and dirty sex with him during a supposed one-night-stand." She looked over to Hermione for confirmation. She cringed and nodded once. "Second," her friend continued "you skip class to accompany him to Hogsmeade when he invited you"

"As friends" she emphasized.

"Yes of course as friends "Ginny responded dismissively. "Finally; the day after you two go to Hogsmeade together, the Slytherinchooses to sit at the Gryffindor table for breakfast with you. Specifically, with his arm around you like you two are best mates or maybe something more."

Hermione sighed heavily, knowing already that convincing her there was nothing happening between herself and Theo was going to be a losing battle.

"So, tell me 'Mione," her friend concluded as they arrived at the potions class. "Where exactly along the way, did I misinterpret the facts? Hm?" Before she could actually defend herself to her friend, Ginny was walking away to take her seat next to Terry Boot, smirking over her shoulder at Hermione one last time.

She let out a dramatic sigh as she plopped onto her stool next to Draco, letting her bag fall to the ground next to her seat with a dull thud. She turned towards him to say something, but the intense glower on his face caused her words to die on her tongue.