Chapter 4 - Pugna

Hi everyone! 

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who's been reading as I'm posting and also welcome to any new readers! I'm going to try to update the story at least 3 or 4 times a week. I am in university so my schedule is a bit hectic at times but I'll do my best!

I've started a Tiktok account @emsly6454 where I'll be posting updates and sneak-peeks every once in a while if you want to stay up to date with Blood Bound!

I also wanted to say I'm going to start putting a discussion section at the end of each chapter so please feel free to leave any criticism, questions, or comments you have. I love reading your guys' opinions and reactions to my story so keep them coming!

Enjoy this chapter, things are just about to start getting exciting! <3

--

Draco walked into the 8th year dormitory behind his two friends. Zabini beelined to the washroom to hang up their rain soaked quidditch gear while Nott threw himself on his bed. He leaned himself against the wall as he drank from his water bottle. I haven't been this bloody wiped in years, I'm seriously out of practice he thought to himself absently.

"Tell me again mate why you're bunking in the dungeons with us when you could be sleeping in your cozy Head's dorm?" Zabini asked as he walked back out of the bathroom. "I mean I could see how you might find Granger intimidating but that's no reason to run from her" he teased.

"I'm not running Zabini" he remarked. "I just don't particularly enjoy the idea of being in a confined area with the entire female population of Dumbledore's sodding Army." Draco sat on the empty bed in the dormitory with a huff.

"Don't listen to a word he says, you didn't see how fast he ran from the she-weasel when we were in the Head's dorm earlier, he was bloody terrified. I don't blame him one bit, that much red and gold can't be healthy for the eyes. Although I may be willing to risk it if I had it on good confidence that said female population was going to be hanging around in their knickers" Nott chimed in from where he lounged on his bed, book in hand.

"Nott you have an unhealthy obsession with knickers, you need to get your head checked" he told his friend, crinkling his nose in disgust. "Can we please just have one night where we don't have to talk about Granger or any war heroes?" He asked his friends "I propose we drink ourselves stupid instead, are you two in?

The two of them cheered in agreement. Zabini went about pulling a bottle of firewhiskey out from under his bed while Nott collected three cups from the common area. The three lifted their glasses in cheers before Nott spoke again.

"Here's to drinking away our troubles, until tomorrow mates"

"Until tomorrow" he and Zabini chimed together. They all threw their drinks back in one go before pouring another round.

--

Hermione stopped outside of the entrance to the common room and leaned against the wall. She would be lying if she said she wasn't apprehensive, this was the first girls' night they'd hosted since before the war. So much was different now. She took a deep breath, a pain potion, and a few healthy sips from her flask before righting herself and mentally reminding herself to avoid eye contact at all costs. That's how Ginny found her; standing outside her common room door looking extremely nervous.

"Mione! What the hell are you doing standing out here? Everyone else is inside already, we've all been waiting for you before we start the real fun!" she exclaimed, dragging her into the room by the wrist excitedly.