Riley Cassandra

• Dedicated to Seth Aiden Williams

Chapter Three: Riley Cassandra

Here we are. Sitting here. His wrists are soaked. The sight made me want to gag. Aiden isn't looking at me. He doesn't know what to say. What would you say to me Aiden? The air sticks like glue. Just Aiden and me. "I'm sorry," He whispers. I look at him.

"Why are you doing this?" He chuckles and that just pisses me off. "You think this is funny?"

"You think this is not funny? You're mad for no reason. It's just flesh and blood."

"Just how fucked up are you?"

"Pretty fucked up." Tears form in my eyes. "Don't cry Riley. I'm alright."

"Shut the fuck up, you are not okay."

"I am," I stand up. I can't listen to him anymore. "Don't go, please."

"Why? I can't help you."

"No one can help me." He looks at me. "I really don't want to be alone."

"I really can't be here with you." I hate to leave but I can't be here when he's like this.

"He was what?" Callum asked. Oliver, Callum, and Max were sitting in my room. My mom brought donuts and tea up.

"Oh man, I wonder is he alright?" Oliver whispered. Max made a face.

"That's fucking gross." He said. I sigh.

"He's my best friend and I couldn't even stay to help."

"Maybe he'll call his Colin." Oliver glances at me and puts his arms around me.It felt nice being in Oliver's arms. I couldn't believe how close I was letting him get. All my feelings for Aiden. All the love I said I have for him, could they possibly be leaving because of Oliver?

"It's gonna be alright." He whispered. I sigh.

"I hope he's alright." Callum snapped his fingers.

"I just got a great idea!" He shouted. "What if we invite Colin and Aiden to laser tag on Sunday?"

"What?" Max and I say together. Oliver chuckles.

"That was pretty funny." He said.

"I don't like Aiden." Max said bluntly.

"I don't care, why do we have to invite Colin? It's not Colin cutting himself." Calllum sighed.

"Does Aiden know that Max doesn't like him?" I sat there and groaned.

"Why don't you just shoot me?"

Oliver stood up and walked over to get a donut. "It can be a group thing. Like group dates and such." He said. Callum nodded.

"Yeah, you and Oliver. Aiden and Colin. Max and I." Oliver started laughing.

"Are you guys gonna make out?" I teased. Max playfully shoved me.

"Very funny." He muttered. Callum poured another mug of tea and took a sip.

"So, it's settled." He said.

"I guess." I muttered. Oliver smiled and we alll went back to eating donuts and drinking tea.

Meanwhile...

"Mom, why would you let Riley see me like that?" Aiden asked his mother as she passed the bathroom door. She stops and doesn't even look at him.

"Because I know you'll listen to her." Aiden bawled up his fist.

"She saw me at my weak moment. She thinks I'm a freak because of you. Are you happy?" She turns and glares at me.

"You think I like a son who loves cutting themselves just for the thrill?" Aiden got up and went to the sink.

"You think I lik having a mom who doesn't care about no one but herself? Who rather go to a party then chill with her family? If you want to blame anyone for my crazy fucked up mind. Blame yourself." He turned the facuet on and sighed. It burns but it was a good burn. Ms. Swan leans aganist the bathroom door.

"So, what do you want?" She questioned. She pulls out a lighter and looks in her pockets for a cigarette. "You want to cuddle with me and you want me to tell you that I love you?" Aiden watches as the blood runs off his wrists and down the drain.

"Get out of my way. I don't want your love, frankly. I want you to drop dead." He walks pass her and the door to his bedroom slams.

Back To Riley....

Saturday mprning was bright and hot. Spring in London is like summer. It's nice. I hop out of bed and grab my phone. I have a text from Oliver. I can't help but smile. I think Oliver and I could be something. We have a bunch in common and he's really sweet. Not to mention. He's fucking cute. Like, he's really cute. I love his green eyes and his skin complexion. His blonde hair is nice. I felt my face get hot. I headed to the bathroom, got ready and headed downstairs to eat.

Aiden was sitting on my kitchen counter when I walked in. I took a step back. "Good morning." I said. He smiled at me. "Not that I'm not happy to see you but what are you doing here?"

"Just wanted to stop by," I open the cabinet and grab the box of lucky charms.

"Oh, well hello," I don't know why but I felt extremely weird. I thought he would be mad at me for leaving him or something. Yet. He was smiling and just happy. Like last night didn't fucking happen. What exactly was going on?

I pour my milk onto my cereal and head out to the couch to start eating. Aiden turns Adventure Time on and I start eating. "So, what did you think of me?" He whispered. I kept eating. I don't want to talk. "Do you think that I'm a freak?"

"Can we not talk about this?"

"I need to know."

"Why?  I told you my feelings. You don't care."

"I do care," I eat more cereal. "It's just something I have to do." I shake my head.

"That, I saw last night. That was just sick. I almost puked." He looks down.

"You are the only one who has ever seen me like that. Colin hasn't even seen me like that." I scoffed.

"So, you want him to see you like that?" He shook his head.

"No, Colin likes to judge. I'm glad it was you and not him."

"I wish I wasn't the one who saw that." I start drinking my milk and then I burp. Aiden chuckles and I smile. Then I look at him. "Why are you with Colin?" I whispered. He looks at me with confusion.

"I guess I'm with Colin because I love him. He's done things for me that you wouldn't believe." I nod. I bet he doesn't write you poems. Hold you close when your shaking. Keeps your secrets safe. I bet. I bet.

"Does he take you as you are?" I whispered. He doesn't respond. I can't help but smile. "Well Aiden. I have a date with Oliver today. Can you do me a favor and not self harm yourself today?" He looks offended and I stand up and walk towards the kitchen. Aiden grabs my wrists and pulls me to face him. He looks like he's about to cry. I stop.

"I love you. I'm sorry if I hurt you." He whispered. He hugs me tightly and it takes everything in me to not cry. He lets me go and his lips slightly brush aganist mine. My body goes numb. I can't breathe. He lets me go and walks towards the door. He doesn't say anything as he opens the door. I can't talk. The voice in my head whispers. Kiss me. Kiss me like you mean it. Okay?

Before he shuts the door he smiles. "I'll see you at the laser tag thing tomorrow. And who knows. I might and might not bring Colin." Then our eyes lock. He doesn't have to say it. "I love you." The door closes and I fall to my feet. I can't believe we kissed. Well, we sorta kissed. My heart is screaming. My head is confused. Love is stronger than crushes. Right? So why is it so hard to choose between Oliver and Aiden.

I get up and head upstairs. Time to get ready to see Oliver.